PPP Manners and/or Etiquette

i suspect your percentiles are grossly miscalculated owing to the presence of posters with multiple accounts and handles.

Ah, just as I suspected, you are also gatorman and duckdog? Sorta make sense, birdog/duckdog/gatorman.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i suspect your percentiles are grossly miscalculated owing to the presence of posters with multiple accounts and handles.

Maybe I'm being naïve, but are there a lot of people here with dual identities?

There's a small but select clique of morons here who think I'm four or six different posters.

They are morons because we're all Tom !@#$ing with them. It's brilliant theater.

DC Tom....the Phil Hendrie of PPP

What other reasons are there for being against gay marriage?

This list is crap, Conservative cud.

That is a question, that, if you actually put the work in yourself, and found its truthful answer, would be a great learning experience for you. In fact I'd bet it would change your life and make you a more effective person in just about everything you do. I assure you: you won't be wasting your time. I know infuriating posters with wild goose chases, and long posts, is my custom. Not this time.

No, this time, in dead seriousness, you can only benefit by seeking and finding the TRUE answer to your own question above. It's worth the investment, and you will see that when you've found it.

Please tell us who suggested this so we can call him an idiot.

Who else but the above quoted poster?

who died and made you king? there's much less here that i agree with than there is that i vehemently disagree with. insults are for the feeble minded and weak or done out of exasperation in response to the feeble minded and weak. they should be unwelcome and discouraged.

maybe a change to civility would actually attract some desirable and interesting new posters...

As usual you are confused.

You are confusing, or conflating, or both, my observations of behavior here, with me being empowered to develop and/or enforce the behavior I observe. I didn't set the rules, they were here long before I got here, and mostly developed by the leftists, who outnumbered the right/liberty people(that still remain, btw) by at least 4-1 in 2005. I am acting no different than a historian, or perhaps better an anthropologist who seeks to explain a culture.

How the culture of PPP began is unkown to me. I wasn't here when the first insult was thrown, nor was I here for the first PPP thread meltdown. All I have sought to do, is first undestand PPP, and then thrive in it. The above merely reflects my understanding of the cause/effect.

And, you are breaking rule #1. The consequences of which are literally in this thread for all to see. Thus, my observations are merely facts to be accepted, not edicts to obey.

As for the rest of you: the first thing I said was this was going to be a hilarious, and thus worthy PPP endeavor. So far, it is mostly as expected. However, we need more rules(observations) for standard PPP trouble/hilarity to continue. To get things back on track:

7. You are allowed to get away with posting a single link, or other people's work, without doing any work yourself whatsoever. This is contrary to standard PPP practice, where showing one's own work is demanded. Adding one or two lines of personal thought(especially if it's especially stupid) to 3rd party content can start a 10+ page war(see the Benghazi thread). But, some posters are allowed to post nothing but somebody else's work, and get away scot free. Some posters may even be throwing single links out on purpose, thinking they are throwing metaphorical meat into the dog pit, find it entertaining to watch the dogs go at it, and thinking they are above the fray. However, they are clearly not above everyone if their behavior has been observed. For reasons passing understanding this behavior is tolerated, and there is no punishment. As I said, irony abounds at PPP.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

There's a small but select clique of morons here who think I'm four or six different posters.

never thought about one guy who use multiple avatars but their are posters who I couldn't distinguish between if their avatar were not visible- GG and Nanker, LABillzfan and KD in CT, Dante and RK fast- also Magox came on as World Traveler

never thought about one guy who use multiple avatars but their are posters who I couldn't distinguish between if their avatar were not visible- GG and Nanker, LABillzfan and KD in CT, Dante and RK fast- also Magox came on as World Traveler

Unlike your posts, which are fully recognizable.

You're not very observant are you Sherlock.

what does incivility add to the discussion? it only detracts. informed people can strongly disagree on topics. the patriot act is a timely and important example. but you aren't hearing rand paul insult mitch mcconnel over it, at least not publicly. his argument (and reputation) would only seem weaker if he did.

I'm gonna respond to this as soon as I powder my wig....

I'm gonna respond to this as soon as I powder my wig....

nowadays, we use soap. works quite well, actually.

You're not very observant are you Sherlock.

as progressives we're prone to giving people the benefit of the doubt. it's our nature.

Yeah but that select clique of morons who think you are four or six different posters are just your four or six different accounts :P

as progressives we're prone to giving people the benefit of the doubt. it's our nature.

Confusing two completely different posters as the same person is giving them the benefit of the doubt?

Edited by Chef Jim

I still routinely confuse you and birddog. Siamese idiots joined at the opinion.

I still routinely confuse you and birddog. Siamese idiots joined at the opinion.

That's funny, but i see it differently. Yes, Birdog is a little whiner and nobody takes him seriously but Lyrbob and JTSP are like two peas in a pod. Realistically, can anyone see them as anything other than Dumb and Dumber?

......but Lyrbob and JTSP are like two peas in a pod. Realistically, can anyone see them as anything other than Dumb and Dumber?

I'll give them this - they're both consistent. And tenacious.