Bills' Organized Team Activities Week 2: June 1-4

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I don't like "players coaches", taking a day off during OTAs when it's a new system on both sides of the ball just seems ill advised to me. But what do I know, I'm a keyboard warrior.

One thing to consider is that by running two fields, they may be getting every player a lot more reps. Which could mean more risk of injury without proper time off. But I don't know what they do on the days with no OTA

It is a bit misleading. There was never an OTA scheduled for tomorrow. You are only allowed 10 days of OTAs as per the CBA. The Bills had 3 scheduled last week, 3 scheduled this week (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) and 4 next week. Tomorrow was left blank on purpose - I suspect because they knew that Jim's golf day was on. Technically tomorrow is an offseason conditioning day so he is giving them a few hours out of the weight room to go and support Jim Kelly. I think that is a rather classy move.

One thing to consider is that by running two fields, they may be getting every player a lot more reps. Which could mean more risk of injury without proper time off. But I don't know what they do on the days with no OTA

Yeah, that point was made, and it's a good one. I'm quite far from the ledge, since it is the offseason. It just goes against my ideals as a keyboard warrior ;)

For anyone that's on Periscope...

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports

LIVE on #Periscope: Bills players arrive at Jim Kelly's Golf Tournament https://www.periscope.tv/w/V02K3TY2MDI3OXwxNjc3OTM0N-w69p0gbEsne2YcZ6zMBGA3bz32pG-Xkzx4XxcMB5rl

Rex in a full blue Nike track suit. Awesome.

that was pretty cool! Too bad about the weather - it's like that here too. But im sure it won't detract much from the experience unless its pouring.

that was pretty cool! Too bad about the weather - it's like that here too. But im sure it won't detract much from the experience unless its pouring.

I like Periscope and think it has it's advantages.... I'm surprised Sal hasn't used it on media day at OTA's, he uses Vine so it must be ok to record.

I'm sure we will see more of it at Training Camp.

Rex is golfing with Jim today ... team members also attending (playing / viewing)

Ahh ok. Ignore my previous post then. Time differences across the pond meant what was still yesterday for you was already today for me and hence tomorrow meant something different!

I like Periscope and think it has it's advantages.... I'm surprised Sal hasn't used it on media day at OTA's, he uses Vine so it must be ok to record.

I'm sure we will see more of it at Training Camp.

im a college football obsessed person and watched OSU's regional camp (it's called The Opening) yesterday on periscope. It was a beat reporter who was doing it. Big time HS prospects going through drills. Riveting (for me)! Edited by YoloinOhio

This is not the same as hitting D&B's right before a game.

BINGO!

Let that not happen here during the Season.

I don't know that they can't do that. Maybe they will. The tweet says Rex gave them the day off from OTA's, doesn't say he cancelled it. Maybe they reschedule.

Saying all that, it's not training camp, they are limited in what they can do any ways so it doesn't bother me if they miss a day.

EDIT: Looks like it will count as one of their OTA days according to PFT.

Well, by definition this is an "Organized Team Activity".

im a college football obsessed person and watched OSU's regional camp (it's called The Opening) yesterday on periscope. It was a beat reporter who was doing it. Big time HS prospects going through drills. Riveting (for me)!

Such a simple idea but it makes anyone able to broadcast live events. It's really good.

EJ's only wearing one wrist band. His left leg is showing more than his right is. His left pant leg is very loose in the hamstring area, but that's nothing compared to what's going on with his right leg. It looks atrophied. If those are Yoga pants, it doesn't look like he put enough weight on in the off-season. His left index finger is pointing up - what is that - a new signal to the receiver? I thought he was taller than Cassel, but clearly he is not. He looks several inches shorter there. His chin strap is covering up part of The Bills logo on his helmet. What - is he embarrassed, not a team player, why haven't his coaches corrected that?

EJ's only wearing one wrist band. His left leg is showing more than his right is. His left pant leg is very loose in the hamstring area, but that's nothing compared to what's going on with his right leg. It looks atrophied. If those are Yoga pants, it doesn't look like he put enough weight on in the off-season. His left index finger is pointing up - what is that - a new signal to the receiver? I thought he was taller than Cassel, but clearly he is not. He looks several inches shorter there. His chin strap is covering up part of The Bills logo on his helmet. What - is he embarrassed, not a team player, why haven't his coaches corrected that?

Is that Simms or Tuel behind EJ? The guy only has one leg. His foot work must be terrible.

Are people really concerned about them taking 1 day off of practice on June 1st?!?

This idea is a home run. Rex gets it. Hitching his wagon to those early 90's teams is a phenomenal idea for both himself and the current team. He is creating a culture that people want to be a part of. That is important. We overlook the importance of recruiting far too often on here. In the world of the salary cap every gets paid virtually the same so it is important to separate yourselves from others. When I worked in the NBA our GM said that recruiting is the biggest thing that the casual fan does not understand. They believe it is just a number and the highest number wins. That is why you need to have the nicest training facilities. You need to give special access and perks to their families. You have to do different things. How important are days like today in your pursuit of re-signing Dareus and Gilmore? How important is this if you are going to re-do Mario's contact?!? You have to create and environment where players and their families want to be.