Charles and Camilla to marry

millbank

Following years of speculation and denial about their relationship, Clarence House announced this morning that the Prince of Wales will marry his lover Camilla Parker Bowles.

Details will be released shortly by the Prince's household, but early reports suggest that the couple will marry on April 6 at Windsor Castle.

The nation will be watching closely for reaction from Prince Charles's sons, Prince William, 22, and Prince Harry, 20. Mrs Parker Bowles has two children by former husband Andrew Parker Bowles, Tom, 30, and Laura, 26.

The question of whether Prince Charles, as heir to the throne, could marry his divorced companion has caused controversy within the Anglican church. The Prince will become head of the church on becoming king.

Charles and Camilla

He can't become King if he marries a divorced woman. Or have they changed the rules? Remember Edward (Queen Elizabeth's uncle) who wanted to marry the American divorcee Wallis Simpson? He had to abdicate the throne in order to marry her.

Pommie Bills fans can tell us.

(retch)

You seriously have to wonder WFT is up with Chucky that he preferred this boohog to Diana.

Eh, it's a whole ego thing.  He couldn't stand the fact that she was so loved by the people.

234267[/snapback]

can't feel ugly in the dark. Maybe she's an acrobat... ;)

He can't become King if he marries a divorced woman.  Or have they changed the rules? Remember Edward (Queen Elizabeth's uncle) who wanted to marry the American divorcee Wallis Simpson? He had to abdicate the throne in order to marry her.

Pommie Bills fans can tell us.

234389[/snapback]

The marriage of the heir to the throne is a matter of state (ie: has implications for the country on the whole. Not just the happy couple), and in this case would need both the permission of the sovereign (queen) and her government. Things have moved on a bit since the 1930s so such permission was not a major issue as it was back then.

Also Edward tried to force his will on the government, and a constitutional monarch can not force the government's hand in anything, so he had to go (had he had less arrogance and a little patience/diplomacy he may have kept the throne and Mrs Simpson.

(retch)

You seriously have to wonder WFT is up with Chucky that he preferred this boohog to Diana.

Eh, it's a whole ego thing.  He couldn't stand the fact that she was so loved by the people.

234267[/snapback]

A middle aged man might want to spend the rest of his life with someone who was not emotionally immature and as dumb as a rock.

Besides there is always the light switch........

A middle aged man might want to spend the rest of his life with someone who was not emotionally immature and as dumb as a rock.

Besides there is always the light switch........

234477[/snapback]

Well stated. I'm surprised the Royals aren't all gaga, living in a fisbowl every day of their lives.

I do enjoy the opening of Parliament, with the sticks, the slamming door etc.. C-Span here broadcasts Prime Minister's Questions. It's quite witty..."will the honourable cur please restate the question". :)

Blair is quite good, but John Major could have teamed with Betty Boothroyd in comedy routines. ;)

Following years of speculation and denial about their relationship, Clarence House announced this morning that the Prince of Wales will marry his lover Camilla Parker Bowles.

Details will be released shortly by the Prince's household, but early reports suggest that the couple will marry on April 6 at Windsor Castle.

The nation will be watching closely for reaction from Prince Charles's sons, Prince William, 22, and Prince Harry, 20. Mrs Parker Bowles has two children by former husband Andrew Parker Bowles, Tom, 30, and Laura, 26.

The question of whether Prince Charles, as heir to the throne, could marry his divorced companion has caused controversy within the Anglican church. The Prince will become head of the church on becoming king.

Charles and Camilla

234218[/snapback]

Nothing shocks me about these filthy Englishmen. They have opressed my people for centuries. They have tried forced my people to renounce their religious beliefs for a bowl of soup. But my people faught them and we continue to fight them:

26+6=1

Nothing shocks me about these filthy Englishmen. They have opressed my people for centuries. They have tried forced my people to renounce their religious beliefs for a bowl of soup. But my people faught them and we continue to fight them:

26+6=1

234611[/snapback]

Are you one of the 'little people'?