Electric Pressure Washers Recommendations Please

TSNBDSC

Funny you posted this. I just bought one last week. I didn't need very much PSI and this has been good for what I need (cleaning synthetic decking mostly, cedar railings).

I like mine, but have only had it for a week. Link posted below.

I do know you want to make sure you get one with a long electric cord because you can't/shouldn't use an extension cord.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Karcher-K-3-450-1800-PSI-1-5-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-1-601-770-0/204737428

No problems yet huh ? Thats cool. Ive read about leaks and what not from the electric models.

Funny you posted this. I just bought one last week. I didn't need very much PSI and this has been good for what I need (cleaning synthetic decking mostly, cedar railings).

I like mine, but have only had it for a week. Link posted below.

I do know you want to make sure you get one with a long electric cord because you can't/shouldn't use an extension cord.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Karcher-K-3-450-1800-PSI-1-5-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-1-601-770-0/204737428

1800 psi good for you ?

1800 psi is good for me. I passed on a higher psi one.

But what are you planning on using it for?

Pretty much the same thing you are. Wooden deck, brick, driveway, etc.

Pretty much the same thing you are. Wooden deck, brick, driveway, etc.

Any reason you went with a Karcher ?

Just so you know they are throwaway. Best recommendation is to run pump saver through the

unit after each use and at the end of season after the water is drained. Store inside in your

basement, but make sure to use the pump saver. Water is a huge corrosive. Once pump goes

its over. (I have a shop and gas pressure washers are a huge money maker for us)

Just so you know they are throwaway. Best recommendation is to run pump saver through the

unit after each use and at the end of season after the water is drained. Store inside in your

basement, but make sure to use the pump saver. Water is a huge corrosive. Once pump goes

its over. (I have a shop and gas pressure washers are a huge money maker for us)

How long do electrics work before the pump goes ?

I've bought both.

Years ago went with an electric (1,800 PSI) for a lot of the same reasons you guys have stated. Then purchased a gas-powered one. (3,100 PSI)

The big difference is what's creating the pressure. Motor vs. engine. Motors on these inexpensive pieces of equipment are mostly plastic. Use it rigorously and it just wears out and as time goes on the pressure will begin to fluctuate. Engines, properly maintained (non-ethanol gas (no crappy additives) and the aforementioned pump starter) will last much longer and provide consistent pressure year in and year out.

It's like anything - what you're comfortable with in that up front investment.

I will tell you this - the world's strongest pressure washer remains no match for the artillery fungus. Not even sure a laser would get that stuff off a piece of siding.

How long do electrics work before the pump goes

If you follow what I recommended, the life span should be 5 years. Most power equipment has a very short life

expectancy due to extreme weather, workmanship etc. We always say they are built to be used not built to last

I have both.

The electric one now acts funny, once its been used for 10-20 minutes if you let off the trigger it stops and won't start for a few minutes again. Probably something overheating and will have to be tossed since no where I know of will repair them, they will tell you its not worth it and just toss and buy a new one.

I had the electric one for a while and I like them best for washing vehicles, patio furniture and light duty cleaning of asphalt and concrete

I bought the gas one to use for bigger stuff like cleaning the house before painting, decks and heavy duty cleaning of the driveway

You can use extension chords with bigger electric equipment like power washers, they just have to be a certain kind rated for the use