And you think you're having a bad day...

DC Tom

They changed the story. The original said the Mercy hit the Arizona.

He hates me. I don't even know why. It's kind of cute.

I don't hate you Tom. There has only been one person I've ever hated in my adulthood, and I finally let that go a while back. I dont even know you. I just think you are allowed special insult privileges, and I figured I could throw a few your way for fun. So don't go thinking your special. Your just an idiot like the rest of us.

This thread looked as harmless as they come. How it descended into darkness so quickly is amazing and entertaining. It was moving along nicely with minor disagreements but Sammy made it personal really taking it to the next level.

Read the thread again partner. Who called who an idiot first? Yep, you guessed it.

"Why can't we all just get along?"

Really? Of all the bitchin, and insultin that goes on on this site? Yall are calling me out for telling Tom he was wrong in his OP? Boy, that guy really is special!

Don't make me go all Howard up in here! LoL! Someone will be leaving with a fat lip!

:-X

Really? Of all the bitchin, and insultin that goes on on this site? Yall are calling me out for telling Tom he was wrong in his OP? Boy, that guy really is special!

Don't make me go all Howard up in here! LoL! Someone will be leaving with a fat lip!

:-X

I don't know man. I didn't see any idiot reference until post #3. You clearly got a little aggressive there. I personally have no problem with it I enjoy it. :D

I don't hate you Tom. There has only been one person I've ever hated in my adulthood, and I finally let that go a while back. I dont even know you. I just think you are allowed special insult privileges, and I figured I could throw a few your way for fun. So don't go thinking your special. Your just an idiot like the rest of us.

Read the thread again partner. Who called who an idiot first? Yep, you guessed it.

You are one whiny little B word. :lol:

The only people "hurt" by that are those that traveled thousands of miles to see/honor the memorial, and those buried there, and couldn't, because the hospital ship just creamed the dock where the shuttle boats arrive/depart. So, nobody was injured, and that's good!

The Arizona Memorial straddles the ship, at about a 90 degree angle. It does not rest on, or touch the ship. But, take away the only point where you can enter/exit the memorial, and you get to stand on the shore and point towards it. Not quite the same!

The only people "hurt" by that are those that traveled thousands of miles to see/honor the memorial, and those buried there, and couldn't, because the hospital ship just creamed the dock where the shuttle boats arrive/depart. So, nobody was injured, and that's good!

The Arizona Memorial straddles the ship, at about a 90 degree angle. It does not rest on, or touch the ship. But, take away the only point where you can enter/exit the memorial, and you get to stand on the shore and point towards it. Not quite the same!

Problem is that a deep drafted vessel could have potentially damaged a ship that rests as a memorial to the 1,102 Sailors and Marines that died on December 7, 1941. Thank God it only damaged a dock and not the USS Arizona or the memorial. When your dealing with a 900 foot ship that displaces close to 70,000 tons, another 40 feet is not much and could have been disastrous.

The harbor pilots know these waters like the back of their hand and would stay well away from any hazard to navigation. If there was a mechanical issue with one of the tugs, the ship could have drifted into trouble. Happened once and I was on a ship much smaller than a hospital ship and we usually only had one or sometimes two tugs assisting us. Larger ships like carriers, hospital ships or larger auxiliary/merchant ships would usually have a minimum of three or four (two forward and two aft). All it would take is one tug losing power at the wrong place/time and your in the $&(#.