FIFA bust in Switzerland

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sepp Blatter reelected. I'd say it's unbelievable, but it's really not.

It's like DC electing Barry all those years, even after leaving office as mayor he was councilman until death. Hell as far as I know he won the election for that seat from his grave.

It's surprising to me that more people aren't interested. Especially among sports fans. It's a huge story worldwide.

I don't particularly like baseball, but if there was a breaking story about corruption, bribery & fraud, including arrests of top officials, I'd be interested in that. It's juicy stuff.

ESPN covers woman's college softball more than they cover soccer. Quite frankly, they should be embarrassed on their lack of coverage on this. They follow around Tim Tebow 24/7 for weeks, but give us about 1 minute on SportsCenter and a Bob Ley outside the lines. I can pretty much guarantee you that Bob Ley has been there long enough to do whatever he wants on that show and that is why he IS covering it. However, for the rest of the network, since soccer isn't even on ESPN outside of MLS (mostly on ESPN2) they would rather cover and promote what they are getting putting on their airwaves...thus, women's college sports coverage, tennis coverage, etc. It's beyond annoying to me.

ESPN covers woman's college softball more than they cover soccer. Quite frankly, they should be embarrassed on their lack of coverage on this. They follow around Tim Tebow 24/7 for weeks, but give us about 1 minute on SportsCenter and a Bob Ley outside the lines. I can pretty much guarantee you that Bob Ley has been there long enough to do whatever he wants on that show and that is why he IS covering it. However, for the rest of the network, since soccer isn't even on ESPN outside of MLS (mostly on ESPN2) they would rather cover and promote what they are getting putting on their airwaves...thus, women's college sports coverage, tennis coverage, etc. It's beyond annoying to me.

Why do you need ESPN? Just get BEin sports and you have all the coverage you need.

Why do you need ESPN? Just get BEin sports and you have all the coverage you need.

Thanks, but I get plenty of coverage. He was asking why more people weren't interested and that's a major part of the reason.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which means somebody probably told him there's a lot more yet to be released publicly...John Oliver must be schitting himself in ecstasy.