congrats duke fans

eball

Thanks eball, very classy.

Another great game and probably an "instant classic" for the rivalry. Anyone who bet the under scored big time. Most folks probably expected a high-scoring game, but there was no way Duke would've survived under that type of contest.

UNC finally found out something towards the end of the game to attack Duke's D. Spread the floor and let Felton go 1 on 1 and good things happen. That's how they came back.

On the last play, Felton should have done the same thing, but he instead strictly adhered to the set play that Roy called, which was to get the ball to McCants on the left wing after a downscreen by May. That's what Felton was looking for but Redick had McCants perfectly covered, and the hesitation allowed Ewing to recover after he opened up the middle by going for the steal and Felton had to pass to Noel on the right instead, who fumbled it out of bounds. Ballgame.

Another great game and probably an "instant classic" for the rivalry.  Anyone who bet the under scored big time.  Most folks probably expected a high-scoring game, but there was no way Duke would've survived under that type of contest.

UNC finally found out something towards the end of the game to attack Duke's D.  Spread the floor and let Felton go 1 on 1 and good things happen.  That's how they came back.

On the last play, Felton should have done the same thing, but he instead strictly adhered to the set play that Roy called, which was to get the ball to McCants on the left wing after a downscreen by May.  That's what Felton was looking for but Redick had McCants perfectly covered, and the hesitation allowed Ewing to recover after he opened up the middle by going for the steal and Felton had to pass to Noel on the right instead, who fumbled it out of bounds.  Ballgame.

234263[/snapback]

I parlayed the under and the Blue Devils...I was very happy...

Another great game and probably an "instant classic" for the rivalry.  Anyone who bet the under scored big time.  Most folks probably expected a high-scoring game, but there was no way Duke would've survived under that type of contest.

UNC finally found out something towards the end of the game to attack Duke's D.  Spread the floor and let Felton go 1 on 1 and good things happen.  That's how they came back.

On the last play, Felton should have done the same thing, but he instead strictly adhered to the set play that Roy called, which was to get the ball to McCants on the left wing after a downscreen by May.  That's what Felton was looking for but Redick had McCants perfectly covered, and the hesitation allowed Ewing to recover after he opened up the middle by going for the steal and Felton had to pass to Noel on the right instead, who fumbled it out of bounds.  Ballgame.

234263[/snapback]

i'm proud of the fact that the heels showed as much heart as they did. a friend w/ season tix at cameron said it was perhaps the loudest he had ever heard it there last night. for the heels to come back and actually have a chance to win showed that they have matured significantly from where they were last year.

i agree, roy should have called a play that allowed the two hottest players -- felton and may -- to make or break the game. i was expecting penetration by felton w/ either the layup or dish to may. oh well.

Yeah, you pose a good point there. I was just joshing with you guys. FWIW, I definitely think that Wake and UNC are better than Duke. Although I was rooting for Duke last night (gag!) to even up the ACC standings, I was very suprised that they won.

But I like our chances this year for the reg season title, the ACC title, and the NCAA title. Not saying we'll win all three or any of the three, but we should be in the mix. I think anything is possible with Chris Paul at the point and the supporting cast we have.

Yeah, you pose a good point there.  I was just joshing with you guys.  FWIW, I definitely think that Wake and UNC are better than Duke.  Although I was rooting for Duke last night (gag!) to even up the ACC standings, I was very suprised that they won. 

But I like our chances this year for the reg season title, the ACC title, and the NCAA title.  Not saying we'll win all three or any of the three, but we should be in the mix.  I think anything is possible with Chris Paul at the point and the supporting cast we have.

234442[/snapback]

Beware of Illinois and Kentucky. The Illini are very good--not undefeated for nothing, a club that can actually shoot a mid-range jumper. And UK can never be discounted in the postseason--they always find ways to win.

Beware of Illinois and Kentucky.  The Illini are very good--not undefeated for nothing, a club that can actually shoot a mid-range jumper.  And UK can never be discounted in the postseason--they always find ways to win.

234453[/snapback]

Illinois will be gone in the round of 16. Indiana and Michigan both gave them some trouble and both of those teams suck. IU lost by a decent margain but they gave them trouble throughout the game defensively.

I hope IU can get to the NIT at least.

Illinois will be gone in the round of 16.  Indiana and Michigan both gave them some trouble and both of those teams suck.  IU lost by a decent margain but they gave them trouble throughout the game defensively.

I hope IU can get to the NIT at least.

234536[/snapback]

If Illinois gets the kind of draw I think they'll get, they won't have to travel far in either the sub-regional or regionals. That will be a big advantage.

Frankly BF, Illinois and Wisconsin are the best of what is overall an average Big Ten. Maybe 3 bids again, tops.

If Illinois gets the kind of draw I think they'll get, they won't have to travel far in either the sub-regional or regionals.  That will be a big advantage. 

234689[/snapback]

You aren't kidding...

I'm really hoping Cuse can hold on to a #3 seed. If they get their usual 4/5 there's a decent chance they'll be playing Illinois in Chicago in Round 3.

You aren't kidding...

I'm really hoping Cuse can hold on to a #3 seed.  If they get their usual 4/5 there's a decent chance they'll be playing Illinois in Chicago in Round 3.

234780[/snapback]

If that happens, good night Orange. I like SU, but it's not as polished as Illinois. SU's subpar FT shooting eventually will be its downfall. They can't live solely on G-Mac threes. Warrick will have to play huge if they want to go far in March.

If that happens, good night Orange.  I like SU, but it's not as polished as Illinois.  SU's subpar FT shooting eventually will be its downfall.  They can't live solely on G-Mac threes.  Warrick will have to play huge if they want to go far in March.

234809[/snapback]

That's if they even get to the FT line, which they didn't do the other night.

I think their downfall will be everyone not named Warrick/Gmac sucking. The sophmore class is just a travesty. I like Pace, but he's a defensive liability on the back-end of the 2-3 zone as Uconn showed.

Tough stretch coming up with Nova/Pitt/BC, and Uconn again.

I think we're due for a BE tourney win; which would hopefully ensure a #3 seed. I'm not sure Boeheim even cares about that tournament though. But if Uconn's undeserved #2 seed last year is any indication to how much the selection committee values it, he should probably start to care.