RIP to a Beautiful Mind

Beerball

So many people don't. I know I haven't in cabs before, or the seat belts were broken. Scary.

They probably never did. They were in their 50's when most states started making it law. Gotta start the good habit when they are young. My children always wear seatbelts, even in a cab, it is second nature.

The article didn't mention if the driver made it. Or, did I miss it?

They probably never did. They were in their 50's when most states started making it law. Gotta start the good habit when they are young. My children always wear seatbelts, even in a cab, it is second nature.

The article didn't mention if the driver made it. Or, did I miss it?

I read in a different article that the driver was fine.

Again, a real shame.

It's really odd. I'm such a proponent of seat belts, I basically never go without it. But something about being in the back seat of a cab makes things different for me. No idea why, but I find that I just don't do it for some reason. I've been better at it lately (though admittedly I don't ride in cabs very often), but this will certainly change that for me.

It's really odd. I'm such a proponent of seat belts, I basically never go without it. But something about being in the back seat of a cab makes things different for me. No idea why, but I find that I just don't do it for some reason. I've been better at it lately (though admittedly I don't ride in cabs very often), but this will certainly change that for me.

Same here. I don't know why either!

Exactly.. Wierd becausevI would never get into a friend's car an not put a belt on.

Nash was arguably the most famous resident of my town. I don't think he drove. He lived right across from the train station and I'd see him sometimes walking to or back from there on his way to the station on the "Dinky" line that goes into Princeton.

Regarding cabs - especially in NYC - they rarely get above 35 MPH, so the fatal accident rate in those is micro small. But a limo/livery/cab service from Newark travels on the Jersey Turnpike, which is like the Gumball Rally at times. Two, three-lane roads in each direction, one set for Trucks & Cars, the other for just cars. It can be crazy... perhaps not as crazy as the Beltway around DC, but pretty bad. This happened very near the spot where Tracy Morgan was nearly killed last year. Though the construction that was an issue in that accident has been completed.

Their son is also diagnosed as schizophrenic, and he faces a very uncertain future now that his parents are gone.

RIP Mr. Nash and Alicia.

I used to be the same way. When we are in foreign countries, a lot of times there are no (working) seat belts in cabs.

For some reason, a few years ago I became a stickler for belts in cabs.