Archive.org?

stuckincincy

No, I don't see that. Honest soul that I am, it was an odd thing that I've not seen before and call me paranoid, but I don't understand why it was displayed in the active users listing.

234140[/snapback]

Googlebot still there , was on line two second word on left......... :lol: honest

Googlebot still there , was on line two second word on left......... :lol:  honest

234143[/snapback]

Yes, I see it. I don't look at the online users list a lot, but this non-underlined stuff is curious. I'm a (former) scientist, so anamolies prick my ears - and now the prick jokes will follow, I suppose. :lol:

Are we under cyber-attack? :lol:

Yes, I see it. I don't look at the online users list a lot, but this non-underlined stuff is curious. I'm a (former) scientist, so anamolies prick my ears - and now the prick jokes will follow, I suppose. :lol:

Are we under cyber-attack? :lol:

234151[/snapback]

I have seen these for about a year now at various times , I do not have a answer, its possible we are just right out of our minds and we are the only ones who see them :lol:

I have seen these for about a year now at various times , I do not have a answer

234153[/snapback]

I found out.

"Googlebot: Google's Web Crawler

Googlebot is Google's web-crawling robot. It collects documents from the web to build a searchable index for the Google search engine."

Google is sniffing us and our message content with their web crawler. I'd like the Administrator to contact them to stop it. Type "Gooblebot" in your broswer for more info.

I found out.

"Googlebot: Google's Web Crawler

Googlebot is Google's web-crawling robot. It collects documents from the web to build a searchable index for the Google search engine."

Google is sniffing us with their web crawler. I'd like the Administrator to contact them to stop it. Type "Gooblebot" in your broswer for more info.

234157[/snapback]

and then so does archive.org do this similarly?

archive.org is a bot that takes a snapshot of your website.  Everytime it see's something new on your website, it records it in their database.  Kinda cool... i can see my old website design from years ago.

234162[/snapback]

Why is that "kinda cool"? Would it be "kinda cool" if something took a snapshot of your family at home some evening, and put it into the public domain?

Why is that "kinda cool"?  Would it be "kinda cool" if something took a snapshot of your family at home some evening, and put it into the public domain?

234164[/snapback]

You have no expectation of privacy when you put up a website. They have .htaccess files to password protect directories. Other than that, its fair game.

You have no expectation of privacy when you put up a website.  They have .htaccess files to password protect directories.  Other than that, its fair game.

234168[/snapback]

I'm sure you are right. I conclude that the people involved who want to invade are low class human beings. Anything for a buck types...

I'm sure you are right.  I conclude that the people involved who want to invade are low class human beings. Anything for a buck types...

234169[/snapback]

My understanding is archive.org is free. Let's say you want to know what the news was on your birthday. Go to archive.org, look up cnn.com on the day you were born. I know this doesn't apply to anybody here, but that's just one example how you could use that site. 80 years from now, T-Bone can look up twobillsdrive and relive the memory of the redsocks winning the world series. :lol: