Green dress gets 18 year old booted from school

Beerball

depending on hotness of offender...it's in the constitution...look it up

Yikes....

Principal Tyler Telford told Yahoo Parenting he couldn’t discuss the specifics of the suspension due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, but said that “the best thing a parent can do for their child is support a teacher and the school.”

Rules is rules. Even stupid ones.

Edited by The Poojer

Have you ever been a teacher?

Nope, though I have learned to apply discretion and judgement in all sorts of decision making scenarios. I suppose your suggestion indicates that experience in the classroom inherently makes one a better able to assess this particular set of facts and to determine an outcome.

That being the case, how has this situation gained some level of attention outside of the location where it occurred? Maybe, other non-experts see it for what it is, an ill-timed poor result that teaches the young woman nothing.

Yes.

Bizarre .... they let her wear this dress to the prom, which is just as short and shows more cleavage.

Evette%20Reay%20-%20@mcvettemichelle.png

Should have been sent home just for how !@#$ing ugly that thing is.

You know, it's funny.

I think that was the same defense offered at the Nürnberg War Trials by a wide variety of Nazi war criminals.

Aaaaaaaaand Godwin. Probably a record for OTW.

She looks like a nerd.

Suspend her for that.

The dress or the stupid guy wearing a pink tie?

I was talking about the dress, but the "dude" who insisted on matching her deserves it too.

Nope, though I have learned to apply discretion and judgement in all sorts of decision making scenarios. I suppose your suggestion indicates that experience in the classroom inherently makes one a better able to assess this particular set of facts and to determine an outcome.

That being the case, how has this situation gained some level of attention outside of the location where it occurred? Maybe, other non-experts see it for what it is, an ill-timed poor result that teaches the young woman nothing.

:thumbsup:

Here's my wild guess ... the girl is a rich little brat and she has a-hole parents. The teacher was WAY out of line, IMO. But there's got to be some sort of history.

You know, it's funny.

I think that was the same defense offered at the Nürnberg War Trials by a wide variety of Nazi war criminals.

Thank you for pointing out the similarities between the Holocaust and a dress in Idaho that was two inches too short. I might have thought they dissimilar situations without your valuable input.

Here's my wild guess ... the girl is a rich little brat and she has a-hole parents. The teacher was WAY out of line, IMO. But there's got to be some sort of history.

I'm not sure how to draw any conclusion from the way that story was written. It's looks like that writer has a strong bias against the schools.