Letterman's last show is tonight

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider that nit-picking in the least. I think was in poor taste to self-promote in that forum.

I agree! just like George Clooney pimped his new flick with Letterman just two shows earlier, and again last night on Kimmel, ditto Roberts and others last week.

The guy didn't die he is just taking his 150+ million he made from people he interviews,selling their movies, music, etc. and going fishing. he did quit! he is healthy. Where's the poor taste?

Off topic a bit, but relevant to self-promotion. Neil Schon was on the local radio show I listen to, Quinn and Cantera, on wpyx 106.5 in Albany.

When the djs started busting his balls about being putty whipped, he got all pissed off and hung up. Total douche.

http://www.pyx106.com/onair/quinn-cantara-morning-show-47865/listen-neal-schon-the-whippedbaby-from-13596265/

dylan recently released a album of Sinatra tunes, in fact volume 2 will come out soon. Dylan took this on as a challenge since he paints way more than he writes these days. as anyone who followed him he could care less what people think. he never did. he Wasn't being disrespecful to Letterman. he is who he is. Slightly strange. The reasons for that are well documented.

The tune on letterman last night is the only frank tune he does currently on tour. It is his final encore tune. he did the recordings because he thought it would be interesting to interpret frank's music which was usually done with a big up to 50 piece orchestra. With sparce accompaniment The album is mainly a pedal steel, stand up bass, drums, piano, and vocals. he picked the tunes for these albums since in his opinion they are a bit bluesy and apparently originally recorded when Frank & Ann Margret hit the rocks.He admits he doubts Frank would like them. he looks,like,a fish out of water without a guitar. he has not played one in well over 12 years because of arthritis. he has become pretty good on the piano now and plays a baby grand on the road.

Blah blah blah. What Letterman (and everyone else) wanted was "Like a Rolling Stone." It was ridiculous.

I used to be a huge Letterman fan.Especially when he was in LA. His take on the talk show was a refresh the genre needed.I really enjoyed it an recorded it every night. When he move the show to NY there it seemed to go off the rails. He no longer got the quirky, non entertainment industry guests and began to resemble the standard talk show blueprint. Hollywood types pushing their movies and so on. It became the same ole same ole to me. The finisher was when he began to expose himself as a shill for the Dems and the left in general. After that I never paid attention again.

I used to be a huge Letterman fan.Especially when he was in LA. His take on the talk show was a refresh the genre needed.I really enjoyed it an recorded it every night. When he move the show to NY there it seemed to go off the rails. He no longer got the quirky, non entertainment industry guests and began to resemble the standard talk show blueprint. Hollywood types pushing their movies and so on. It became the same ole same ole to me. The finisher was when he began to expose himself as a shill for the Dems and the left in general. After that I never paid attention again.

When was his show in LA? AFAIK, he was always in NY, even when he started with the mid-day show.

When was his show in LA? AFAIK, he was always in NY, even when he started with the mid-day show.

I'm sorry. My age is showing. I meant the move to CBS. I guess I was kind of mixing my talk show history thinking of Leno/Tonight Show in LA. My bad.

i don't remember him ever being political at all, but i usually tune that stuff out immediately

He wasn't initially, but the McCain snub sent him over the edge. That's when his tone changed and he stopped being very funny. After 30 years of regular watching, starting with the mid-day show I stopped watching about 5 years ago, because it looked like he was going through the motions. I tuned in for a few farewell shows, and thought they were boring. He clearly looked tired and definitely ready for retirement.

Blah blah blah. What Letterman (and everyone else) wanted was "Like a Rolling Stone." It was ridiculous.

If you want the hits, take your significant other to the brittney spears vegas show. it seems like something really made for your taste and expectations. Art is not something you grasp. Obviously. Too Bad. BTW is there a link that Letterman (or anyone really) was pissed that dylan didn't play "Like a rolling stone" Didn't think so. Blah Blah Blah

IMO

I don't consider that nit-picking in the least. I think was in poor taste to self-promote in that forum.

The entire purpose of the late-night format is promotion. That's why they sign the guests they do.

Sad ...getting old..goodbye Carson...then Leno....and now Letterman.

DVR set.

Did we really say goodbye to Leno or did he just go away?

All joking aside, Letterman was fantastic last night. That is how you say goodbye. He was a pioneer in many ways for an edgier brand of comedy. He was well ahead of his time and will be missed.

I never got the whole Letterman thing. Maybe he was funny when he used to follow the Tonight Show, which I don't have much recollection of, but over the last ten years I just never found him funny or even likeable. He just came off as an angry, arrogant prick using the guise of comedy to take political cheap shots. He was like John Stewart if Stewart were a grumpy old man who was no longer funny.