Those damn conservatives are up to no good again

Actually, the looney left's mantra is that their charitable donations are no good because: they're trying to whitewash their name like Carnegie did building libraries; they're trying to buy control of hospitals to restrict women's right to health care; it's just a tax dodge; or they've done so much harm to this country that they shouldn't be allowed to do anything good with their blood money.

All reasons used for trying to force NY Presbyterian to reject their donation a couple of years ago.

i get a kick out of the left constantly bashing the koch bros, yet when you bring up george soros or tom steyer, they stumble for words, then start deflecting.. if anyone on the left had a brain, they should lay off the koch bros.

I guess Soro's didn't give enough to his thugs lol.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/ferguson-protesters-promised-cash-to-simulate-chaos-now-soros-group-wont-pay-so-theyre-protesting-them

Actually, the looney left's mantra is that their charitable donations are no good because: they're trying to whitewash their name like Carnegie did building libraries; they're trying to buy control of hospitals to restrict women's right to health care; it's just a tax dodge; or they've done so much harm to this country that they shouldn't be allowed to do anything good with their blood money.

All reasons used for trying to force NY Presbyterian to reject their donation a couple of years ago.

The one I hear the most is that conservatives are giving money to charities who don't really "need" donations.

The people don't know how to properly re-distribute their own money.

Hey, The Clinton Foundation spent 84 million to give away 8.7 million in 2013. That was all money donated to them, not money like David Koch's who earned it off the backs of his poor workers.

Granted, tens of millions of those dollars were given to the Clintons by foreign countries in exchange for political favors, but I digress...

We didn't build a billion dollars worth of state of the art medical buildings without the hefty check from our billionaire donor... he also donated a fortune in framed art reproductions from his art collection for the place... I do t think anyone cared about his conservative leanings...

unreal.. nary a mention from the media..

Because there's not much to it. Groups funded by Soros offered to pay travel expenses for professional protesters going to Ferguson.

The reason most of them didn't get "paid" is because they weren't getting paid - they were getting reimbursed. But, being idiots who don't live in the real world, they didn't (and still don't) think they'd have to provide receipts for their expenditures to get reimbursed for them.

They're a funny bunch, those professional protesters. So many of their "How did you meet?" stories begin with "In jail..."

We didn't build a billion dollars worth of state of the art medical buildings without the hefty check from our billionaire donor... he also donated a fortune in framed art reproductions from his art collection for the place... I do t think anyone cared about his conservative leanings...

He wasn't a Koch brother, I assume...

Really, look into the shitstorm surrounding their NY Presbyterian donation. It was ridiculous, the idea that the hospital was accepting a donation inappropriate for being "Koch" money.

Because there's not much to it. Groups funded by Soros offered to pay travel expenses for professional protesters going to Ferguson.

The reason most of them didn't get "paid" is because they weren't getting paid - they were getting reimbursed. But, being idiots who don't live in the real world, they didn't (and still don't) think they'd have to provide receipts for their expenditures to get reimbursed for them.

They're a funny bunch, those professional protesters. So many of their "How did you meet?" stories begin with "In jail..."

Really, look into the shitstorm surrounding their NY Presbyterian donation. It was ridiculous, the idea that the hospital was accepting a donation inappropriate for being "Koch" money.

I seem to remember an instance in which a union claimed that they wouldn't donate any more money in the future if a certain entity accepted a large donation from the Kochs. Don't remember the specifics though. It was good for an Aflac duck shake of the head.

I seem to remember an instance in which a union claimed that they wouldn't donate any more money in the future if a certain entity accepted a large donation from the Kochs. Don't remember the specifics though. It was good for an Aflac duck shake of the head.

I'd forgotten about that. AFSCME severed all partnerships with the UNCF for accepting Koch's $25M donation, based on the argument that conservative eight-figure donations to African-American education oppress blacks...because...shut up!

Whole lotta stupid going on there.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/25/1316605/-AFSCME-parts-ways-with-the-United-Negro-College-Fund-over-Koch-brothers-money#

No, not a Koch.

I think people need to get some things straight. A check to a hospital does not change their medical practices. Second people are concerned about wealth disparity, so when a wealth person want to write a hundred million dollar check, why would we take exception with that?

I'm not saying I agree with all the Koch positions, but this isn't one worth fighting them about.

yes, the upper east side is in such need :doh: . there aren't any less well endowed hospitals withing 50 miles :wallbash: .

and framed art collections? absolutely crucial to quality care.

the bigger question is why we need individual donation to a sector that virtually every american will need at some time in their lives; healthcare. fund the essentials for everyone, then if the folks on the upper east side want rembrandt's hanging in the hallways, let them or their friends buy them but then don't pretend it's some noble, altruistic deed..

Edited by birdog1960

yes, the upper east side is in such need :doh: . there aren't any less well endowed hospitals withing 50 miles :wallbash: .

the bigger question is why we need individual donation to a sector that virtually every american will need at some time in their lives; healthcare. fund the essentials for everyone, then if the folks on the upper east side want rembrandt's hanging in the hallways, let them or their friends buy them but then don't pretend it's some noble, altruistic deed..

There's so much incorrect jibberish in your assumptions that a monkey can throw a dart at any word and shred your argument to pieces.

I would think that a member of the medical community would see major cash donations put toward any such endeavors as a good thing. Apparently not.

I would think that a member of the medical community would see major cash donations put toward any such endeavors as a good thing. Apparently not.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYC-Affordable-Care-Act-Sloan-Kettering-New-York-Presbyterian-Hospital-Langone-232772741.html. the money to sloan kettering will likely benefit a select few.

the argument that newer buildings will promote better research outcomes is far from evidence based.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYC-Affordable-Care-Act-Sloan-Kettering-New-York-Presbyterian-Hospital-Langone-232772741.html. the money to sloan kettering will likely benefit a select few.

the argument that newer buildings will promote better research outcomes is far from evidence based.

You're an idiot. The hospital will still take patients on regular insurance plans, including the tens of thousands of union workers on private plans, you moron.

You're an idiot. The hospital will still take patients on regular insurance plans, including the tens of thousands of union workers on private plans, you moron.

hey dipsh^&, any idea what the out of pocket cost for treating the benefactors pet illness, prostate ca, will be for the average pt at sloan kettering? and what about those on the exchanges or still without insurance? do their cancers deserve lesser care? are they not worthy of these great mens donations? the point is that the money could be much more impactfully utilized. but that was clearly not the priority, now was it?