What if Tyrod leads us to a Super Bowl win?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is just a response to the Garapolo thread. But I do notice the Rex love for TT. I have no dog in the QB race. I just want one good one. Don't care who.

Didn't you get a chuckle about drafting a QB after? Do we not think like that?

Actually, I don't think we think like that. We'd be all over keeping Taylor as the "long term answer" we finally found, then if he regressed next season we'd be all over the FO (in hindsight) for not drafting whoever at pick #31.

I'd be thrilled, happy for the rest of my life. In fact, I've pledged to walk away from being a fan of pro football one week after the Bills win the big one. I'll be done - content, needing nothing more from this great sport.

What if frogs had wings?

they wouldn't be frogs

I'd be thrilled, happy for the rest of my life. In fact, I've pledged to walk away from being a fan of pro football one week after the Bills win the big one. I'll be done - content, needing nothing more from this great sport.

No way, here's scribo:

I will dance nude in the street (of course, that's probably going to happen regardless of who's the QB when the Bills win the Superbowl).

no pic please

Dude was a backup in Baltimore for a reason. That being: Very good college QB, bad NFL QB.

See: Tim Tebow

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Brady Quinn

Akili Smith

Tim Couch

Heath Shuler

Jamarcus Russell

Ryan Leaf

......etcetera. ...

Don't really see what all the fuss about Tyrod Taylor is.

He may be better than Jeff Teul and that's about it...

Dude was a backup in Baltimore for a reason.

Yes, because the Ravens were already Joe Flacco's team when Taylor was drafted. Keep in mind B'More was a contender the entire time Taylor was there. I think it says a lot they were content to keep him as their backup, even in his rookie year, knowing he'd have a huge responsibility to keep the train moving if Flacco went down. The Ravens turned down the Jets' attempt to trade for him, tried to re-sign him, etc. Not to compare QBs, but I remember a couple current superstar QBs being backups until the guys in front of them retired or were injured.

Dude was a backup in Baltimore for a reason. That being: Very good college QB, bad NFL QB.

See: Tim Tebow

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Brady Quinn

Akili Smith

Tim Couch

Heath Shuler

Jamarcus Russell

Ryan Leaf

......etcetera. ...

Don't really see what all the fuss about Tyrod Taylor is.

He may be better than Jeff Teul and that's about it...

All backups suck.

Signed,

Aaron Rodgers & Steve Young

Edited by PromoTheRobot

All backups suck.

Signed,

Aaron Rodgers & Steve Young

And Tom Brady, Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler and Trent Dilfer (all QBs who started a season as a backup and went on to win the Super Bowl).

Only two quarterbacks in history won the starting role in their rookie preseasons and won a Super Bowl without ever riding the pine, and that is Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson.