Mad Max: Fury Road

Dante

This may be the very definition of "Non stop thrill ride". Lifts off from the very start and very rarely pauses. My favorite movies are the ones that build a layered world that immerses you in it. Atmospheric gems like Alien do this nicely. This does the same. Lot's of unique and quirky characters that adhere to their own kind of Viking like honor system. Whomever designed the vehicles has a great imagination and these alone are worth the price of admission. Nicely directed by Miller who also did the original and this pays homage to it with the same kind of camera effects and angles.

If you liked the original Mad Max this is kind of the same but on steroids with a bigger budget and even more action. They also resisted to tack on a romance element which is refreshing. Great movie and I'm not even a action movie person. Must see. I give it a 9/10 considering the type of movie it is meant to be.

Finally saw the original "Mad Max" a weekend ago. I thought it was bad and didn't know how they got the idea/money to make "The Road Warrior" until I read it was the most profitable movie ever at the time, and for several decades after.

I doubt I'll see this one in the theaters.

A coworker. Super duper old guy said "The most action I've EVER seen"

He uses dumb sayings like that.

He even told me "Man I have NEVER seen the theather this crowded"

Really since 1950, this weekend was the most crowded you've ever noticed the theater????

Great movie and I'm not even a action movie person. Must see. I give it a 9/10 considering the type of movie it is meant to be.

I concur. Best action movie of the year so far. And I have already seen Avengers, Furious 7. IMHO, Avengers is to bloated to be any fun and while Furious 7 was also very good, Mad Max has the edge with its quirkiness. The filming of the action sequences are terrific as you can really see what is going on and who is doing the b***-kicking. Kudos to the actors - Theron steals the show and Hardy should be commended for taking a bit of a backseat. Background score was a huge plus as well. Highly recommended

Really since 1950, this weekend was the most crowded you've ever noticed the theater????

Thats funny. I caught the Friday 9:40 pm show and the theater was half full. The movie beat expectations but those expectations were not for an Avengers or Furious-7 -level turnout

I havent seen a single bad review of this movie yet. Every one is 5/5, 10/10, it even had a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes the last time I checked!

Will def have to catch it this weekend, looking very forward to it!

Edited by DrDareustein

I concur. Best action movie of the year so far. And I have already seen Avengers, Furious 7. IMHO, Avengers is to bloated to be any fun and while Furious 7 was also very good, Mad Max has the edge with its quirkiness. The filming of the action sequences are terrific as you can really see what is going on and who is doing the b***-kicking. Kudos to the actors - Theron steals the show and Hardy should be commended for taking a bit of a backseat. Background score was a huge plus as well. Highly recommended

Thats funny. I caught the Friday 9:40 pm show and the theater was half full. The movie beat expectations but those expectations were not for an Avengers or Furious-7 -level turnout

Exactly. A lot of old people talk like that. I have "never" or I "always".

When I told him in the last 50 years it was really the most crowded EVER? He said yes!!!

Is that the one with car chases, explosions, and weird characters or is that the fast and furious franchise?

In one of the movies, the characters get thrown out of cars, get smashed and stand up like they came out of a spa with designer clothes and make-up on. In the other, everyone wakes up looking like they were just in a mud fight.

Is that the one with car chases, explosions, and weird characters or is that the fast and furious franchise?

You kinda have to see it. I was taken by the level of imagination that went into all of it. LIke the methods of boarding moving vehicles by using the equivalent of a pole vault. The movie is full of that kind of thing from machinery to weapons to cars.