what about Garcia

ch19079

I'm too lazy to go back to the thread from yesterday, or to read through any of the responses today, so I'll just wait until this question gets asked again tomorrow.

And the next day.

And the next...

You don't want a backup who is brought in to be a backup when he could just as easily be the starter. It's not like keeping Drew, benching him for JP and making a real changing of the guard. The second JP starts struggling, people would start yelling for Garcia to start...even the people begging for JP to start right now.

Don't believe me? How many crazyasses were begging for Shane Matthews to start?

Exactly.

Deal with it people. Drew restructures, is here next year...loses the first couple of games, gets benched for JP, and we go 6-10. Just freakin' deal with it. Drew ain't going anywhere.

For christ's sakes...not even ARIZONA wants him because they think his best days are behind him. How's THAT for rejection?

I know. I hate those qb's who don't throw picks and don't get sacked. :lol:

233922[/snapback]

Especially the ones who didn't throw picks and didn't get sacked because prior to signing with the Bills their leadership skills peaked out with "Would you like to SuperSize that order?"

Especially the ones who didn't throw picks and didn't get sacked because prior to signing with the Bills their leadership skills peaked out with "Would you like to SuperSize that order?"

233944[/snapback]

I never implied that Matthews was the second coming. He bounced around the league, and was one of Spurrier's victims in that QB of The Week garbage he perpetrated.

Here's his career stats...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4719

What do you expect? The second-best qb in the league should sign with the Bills and ride the bench?

You have a long wait for that...and I'll speculate after the fact that Matthews would have beat the Steelers.

if bledsoe is gone... what do you think??

233867[/snapback]

Brilliant idea! That is assuming we can't get Kurt Warner, Jay Fiedler, Steve McNair, Josh McCown, Tim Rattay, Joey Harrington, Brett Favre, Kordell Stewart, Jeff Blake, Quincy Carter, Drew Brees, Kelly Holcomb, Rich Gannon, Mosi Tosiosupo (sp?- Raiders guy), Micke McMahon, and anyone else that has been mentioned as a possible replacement for Drew Bledsoe, and would just love to come to Buffalo, and back-up JP Losman. QB's across the leauge are dying to sign with Buffalo, so they can lose their starting job to Losman, and sit on the bench...maybe the Eagles will cut McNabb, since he is terrible, and we can sign him. I know McNabb sucks, but he could at least carry a clip-board, and he does he have some experience in big games. What do you all think? (sarcasim button off!)

I never implied that Matthews was the second coming. He bounced around the league, and was one of Spurrier's victims in that QB of The Week garbage he perpetrated.

Here's his career stats...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4719

What do you expect? The second-best qb in the league should sign with the Bills and ride the bench?

You have a long wait for that...and I'll speculate after the fact that Matthews would have beat the Steelers.

233960[/snapback]

I think Shane was the right person at the right time for the right job. He certainly could play when he was playing. But to have played him simply because of Bledsoe's performance would have gone done as a screw up the size of the Billy Joe Hobert idea.

And I'd bet Shane MAY have beat the Steelers. It was the six wins before the Steeler game he probably wouldn't have been able to deliver.