Kraft speaks

I feel like that would have been brought up either by leak, publicly or the Wells report. I don't think the Pats* would be banging the "sting operation" drum as loudly if that were the case.

JMO

Maybe he personally tells Kraft to tell Belicheck to make it stop. Maybe they don't listen and get caught and punished. The Pats* get to bang that "sting operation" drum because Goodell is in a position now where he cannot come forward saying the league office had prior information that the Pats* were deflating balls. If he did, the outcry would be YOU KNEW THE WHOLE TIME?! It would be a cluster.

I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but I could easily see that maybe some teams were complaining about the Pats* balls, Goodell personally spoke with Kraft about it. That's a very feasible thing. Also, I honestly think the second the Colts got their hands on a Pats* ball, regardless of how it felt, they were going to turn it in. In that respect, I think them turning a ball in was premeditated. There's not way a LB, in the cold, is going to tell the 1lb or less PSI difference in a ball in the middle of a huge game, post-INT.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he personally tells Kraft to tell Belicheck to make it stop. Maybe they don't listen and get caught and punished. The Pats* get to bang that "sting operation" drum because Goodell is in a position now where he cannot come forward saying the league office had prior information that the Pats* were deflating balls. If he did, the outcry would be YOU KNEW THE WHOLE TIME?! It would be a cluster.

I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but I could easily see that maybe some teams were complaining about the Pats* balls, Goodell personally spoke with Kraft about it. That's a very feasible thing. Also, I honestly think the second the Colts got their hands on a Pats* ball, regardless of how it felt, they were going to turn it in. In that respect, I think them turning a ball in was premeditated. There's not way a LB, in the cold, is going to tell the 1lb or less PSI difference in a ball in the middle of a huge game, post-INT.

You sure sound like one. :nana:

You also make some good points on the matter though.

PC on live now patriots.com

Disagrees but has respect for commissioner. In spirit of strength of partnership of 32 teams, accept reluctantly punishment and not continue rhetoric. No appeal.

Looked like his dog died. Would be interesting to know if initially he believed Brady but now realizes its all horse manure.

Wonder if that makes Brady's appeal weaker now?

Edited by stevewin

Disagrees but has respect for commissioner. In spirit of strength of partnership of 32 teams, accept reluctantly punishment and not continue rhetoric. No appeal

If that is what he said, right on.

Disagrees but has respect for commissioner. In spirit of strength of partnership of 32 teams, accept reluctantly punishment and not continue rhetoric. No appeal

It has concluded. Kraft's very weak argument translated to English: Meeting with my attorney's it has become obvious that myself keeping this in the news cycle is not good. We have also have found that we did cheat, and have no recourse but to accept our punishment. Edited by Best Player Available

If true, looks like this whole dance was to let Kraft, not Goodell, save face. Part of me hopes Brady pushes his appeal so we can get him into court and subject to civil discovery.

"Bob, man, you're entering Al Davis territory..." is probably all it took

I think it was more like "your star player cheated. You got caught. You are making a fool of yourself. No one believes you. You're making yourself look more foolish than ever. Cut it out or everyone will turn on you."

Now will he retract that asinine rebuttal he published attacking the league?

Of course not...

Waiting for Roger to demand an apology....

It has concluded. Kraft's very weak argument translated to English: Meeting with my attorney's it has become obvious that myself keeping this in the news cycle is not good. We have also have found that we did cheat, and have no recourse but to accept our punishment.

The Patriots would have been better off had they gotten that advice the day after the COlts game. They have driven this circus