whoch player will have abtter season?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Most receiving yards

2. 2. Most receptions

3. 3. Most TDs

Who will have more yards, catches or TDs in 2015

Clay being thrown to by EJ, Matt or Tyrod

Chandler, the #2 TE, being thrown to by Brady and Garraffolo

My guess is Chandler will have more for TDs, Clay will have a few more catches, Total yards will be even.

Edited by jumbalaya

If gronk gets hurt like he usually does, chandler could be a 5-7 targets per game guy.

So, hopefully chandler. I feel sorry for him missing out on a chance to play for Rex and finish out his career here.

He had to go where the work is, and now he's the enemy, playing for the most boring, zero charisma dud in NFL history.

At least he can say he played w Brady which is probably pretty cool having a HOF guy throwing to you.

Chandler will be TE#2 in NE, at best, he might even end up as #3... the Patriots do a lot more running than they used to... I think this one should go to Clay in all regards.

Chandler may 4 (Gronk, Wright, & the blocking TE). Chandler will probably make the Pats but he's pretty far down the depth chart. I would think that he will be active for some games but I can't figure out why people are expecting big production.

I guess that I will go on record:

- Clay 64 receptions 725 yards 5 TDs

- Chandler 26 receptions 238 yards 2 TDs

Edit: I forgot about Fred Davis. He is another receiving TE that is really talented if he can pass a drug test.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Chandler is going to be the third and possibly fourth TE depending on how Fred Davis plays. He will get some touches and Clays stats will likely not approach his value. But he still should beat Chandler in every category. The Pats like using Wright in the red zone and he's effective. I doubt Chandler beats him out of that role. If Gronk gets hurt, Chandler would put up very good numbers I imagine.

If you study Brady's stats over the past couple years (YPA, % Comp over 20 yards), it's obvious that he's aging. Just as bad, for him, he can't under-inflate balls anymore and that won't help his confidence or grip.

Because the Pats are evolving into more of a running team, as Dorkington mentions, Chandler's reception total will suffer.

Then there's the matter of Gronk. If Brady has to throw to a TE, why Chandler instead of Gronk?

Clay is going to be a favorite target. Chandler will be a second-thought. I pick Gray in everything as long as Gronk stays healthy and maybe even if he doesn't.

Don't recall seeing significant YAC for Charles Clay... Sure, he catches the ball well enough, but meets the turf shortly thereafter.. -Just an observation.

I actually think Nick O'leary just might save EJ's bacon... Hewas a reliable target in EJ's days as a 'Nole... Might just work out better than anyone thinks. -that's what i hope, anyway.

I still hate cutting Chandler , a tall, mismatch target.

47 receptions for 497 yards with a bad OL not giving the qb enough time.

He wasn't a mismatch though. Go back and look at the games where Chandler had the ball in his hands the most. That was a recipe for disaster for the Bills. He just was never a threat. His stats were a product of his opportunity not talent. If given the exact opportunities as Chandler I think that there are tons of TEs that would have crushed his production.

The Bills have just had really bad TEs forever so we are totally jaded. The most productive TE in the last 15 years is currently about 4th on the depth chart of his new team. Chandler is the type of talent that you have to upgrade. They tried last year and couldn't so they made it a priority this year. Both O'Leary and Clay will be upgrades and Gray has a chance to make some plays.

He wasn't a mismatch though. Go back and look at the games where Chandler had the ball in his hands the most. That was a recipe for disaster for the Bills. He just was never a threat. His stats were a product of his opportunity not talent. If given the exact opportunities as Chandler I think that there are tons of TEs that would have crushed his production.

The Bills have just had really bad TEs forever so we are totally jaded. The most productive TE in the last 15 years is currently about 4th on the depth chart of his new team. Chandler is the type of talent that you have to upgrade. They tried last year and couldn't so they made it a priority this year. Both O'Leary and Clay will be upgrades and Gray has a chance to make some plays.

Yeah defensive schemes last year rolled to Sammy a lot. Look at Rex's comments in the second Jets game he doubled Sammy the entire game. Now with Harvin and Clay if teams try that they will get burned. I think part of the reason for getting Clay and Harvin was to insure Sammy wouldn't get doubled as much.

Yeah defensive schemes last year rolled to Sammy a lot. Look at Rex's comments in the second Jets game he doubled Sammy the entire game. Now with Harvin and Clay if teams try that they will get burned. I think part of the reason for getting Clay and Harvin was to insure Sammy wouldn't get doubled as much.

Exactly!!

Compare Chandler's free agency last year to Clay's this year. Teams were fighting over Charles Clay (Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland) and he landed a massive contract. Last year Chandler was free to do what he wanted and didn't have 1 visit. He came back to Buffalo on a discounted deal. That's not just a coincidence. It tells the story of how personnel people evaluate the 2 players.

Don't recall seeing significant YAC for Charles Clay... Sure, he catches the ball well enough, but meets the turf shortly thereafter.. -Just an observation.

I actually think Nick O'leary just might save EJ's bacon... Hewas a reliable target in EJ's days as a 'Nole... Might just work out better than anyone thinks. -that's what i hope, anyway.

Now I think O'Leary could be the #2 TE and be pretty good, but do you believe his yac will be better than Clays? I just don't see it. Clay was bothered by injury last year but in 2013 he was 41st in total yac. That's not bad for a TE.