LAMP -- Dognition series Fri/Sat/Sun on Nat Geo Wild

eball

In case anyone is into this sort of stuff, there's a 3-part series on Nat Geo Wild starting tonight at 10 p.m. (EST) featuring a doctor who studies canine cognition -- hence his organization "Dognition."

Anyway, long story short -- my minpin Kiwi was one of the dogs studied for the series, so she (along with my wife and I) should be in a couple of scenes. We really have no idea how much or how little she will be featured, but it was fun doing the filming.

Here's a snapshot of Kiwi:

post-159-0-06872000-1431727490_thumb.jpg

E, is this station on DTV? I did not see the show when I did a search.

Yeah, it's 283. Kiwi was on Friday's show a lot! Just some snippets Saturday and Sunday, but that was fun.

In case anyone is into this sort of stuff, there's a 3-part series on Nat Geo Wild starting tonight at 10 p.m. (EST) featuring a doctor who studies canine cognition -- hence his organization "Dognition."

Anyway, long story short -- my minpin Kiwi was one of the dogs studied for the series, so she (along with my wife and I) should be in a couple of scenes. We really have no idea how much or how little she will be featured, but it was fun doing the filming.

Here's a snapshot of Kiwi:

attachicon.gifIMG_0286.jpg

Cool dog.

Does Kiwi have chihuaha in her blood line?

Cool dog.

MinPins are an older breed than doberman's. Color me as one that awlays thought they were bred from Manchesters:

"While the Min Pin looks like a smaller version of a Doberman, he's a completely separate breed. It's speculated that both the Min Pin and the Doberman descended from the German Pinscher, but that the Doberman's other ancestors were dogs such as the Rottweiler, while the Min Pin's were Dachshunds and Italian Greyhounds.

Another misconception is that the Min Pin is related to the Manchester Terrier. While these two breeds resemble each other, there is no relation between them.

First bred to hunt rats, this breed is called Zwergpinscher in Germany, his country of origin. In German, pinscher refers to dogs who were bred as guardians or to hunt vermin, and zwerg means "dwarf" or "midget.""

Cool dog.

We don't have papers so there could be a little of something else in her...she's not purebred, although both parents were certainly Minpins. Those are her natural ears; they weren't clipped. We got her at 7 weeks and the breeder had already docked her tail, or we would have let that grow also.

MinPins are an older breed than doberman's. Color me as one that awlays thought they were bred from Manchesters:

"While the Min Pin looks like a smaller version of a Doberman, he's a completely separate breed. It's speculated that both the Min Pin and the Doberman descended from the German Pinscher, but that the Doberman's other ancestors were dogs such as the Rottweiler, while the Min Pin's were Dachshunds and Italian Greyhounds.

Another misconception is that the Min Pin is related to the Manchester Terrier. While these two breeds resemble each other, there is no relation between them.

First bred to hunt rats, this breed is called Zwergpinscher in Germany, his country of origin. In German, pinscher refers to dogs who were bred as guardians or to hunt vermin, and zwerg means "dwarf" or "midget.""

Check this out:

http://wallpapers111.com/chihuahua-dog-wallpapers/

We don't have papers so there could be a little of something else in her...she's not purebred, although both parents were certainly Minpins. Those are her natural ears; they weren't clipped. We got her at 7 weeks and the breeder had already docked her tail, or we would have let that grow also.

If you knew both parents then of course she is probably 90% minpin. In Cali Chis are popular. I see the chi a lot.

Anyway cool dog either way.

I did the dna for my super mix. Bill is made up of 7 iirc types of breeds. All together making Bill look like a mini german sheppard.

Sorry to bump this thread again, but if anyone wants to watch the episode we were in a good bit of it re-airs tomorrow (Saturday) at 8 p.m. EST on Nat Geo Wild (283 on DTV).