Tsarnaev

About four years. He filed three or four appeals, then realized he was facing life without parole if he won...so really, he was just appealing about timing, so why not get it over with...

That's relatively fast, ain't it?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's relatively fast, ain't it?

Yeah, that's very fast in the US. Charles Ng - one seriously warped mother!@#$er who deserves execution more than damn near anyone, including Tsarnaev - has been on death row in California since 1999. Richard Ramirez was on death row for 23 years (his first round of appeals took 17 years) before he died of "not being executed."

CA's an outlier, though, since their method of execution seems to be "old age." But...yeah, four years is quick.

@3rd and DC: Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought.

To everyone else: Life in prison isn't worse than death, IMO, because the afterlife for the wicked and evil is terrifying. Even before Judgement Day. What a life sentence does provide him though is the opportunity to repent, but it's gotta be genuinely from the heart and not because he regrets getting caught.

To everyone else: Life in prison isn't worse than death, IMO, because the afterlife for the wicked and evil is terrifying. Even before Judgement Day. What a life sentence does provide him though is the opportunity to repent, but it's gotta be genuinely from the heart and not because he regrets getting caught.

Would be nice if that was really true.

Why not? Do Christans or Jews for that matter not believe in punishment in the afterlife?

I find the whole concept of imposed suffering for the purpose of retribution to be too primitive and inately human to be attributable to an omniscient deity.

I find the whole concept of imposed suffering for the purpose of retribution to be too primitive and inately human to be attributable to an omniscient deity.

Step back a few hundred years and try explaining the world of today to someone from that era. You think they'd believe you? I realize I'm comparing apples to oranges here but my point is just because it's hard to believe that doesn't mean it's not true.

Not my problem. I have no empirical knowledge of the next world, so I only concern myself with this one.

Why?

The fact that you hope it would be true tells us you don't believe it's true, which probably makes sense because if there is a terrifying afterlife for the wicked and evil, it only stands to reason that it was created by a supernatural force.

And since it would have a creator that is a supernatural force, it's pretty likely that creator is also judge and jury.

Since you don't believe in that creator, you'd naturally have no idea what the price of admission is to spend eternity in a terrifying afterlife.

In which case, it likewise stands to reason that NOT believing in the creator may be reason enough to punch your ticket to a terrifying afterlife.

In which case, as I mentioned, you better hope it doesn't exist.

The fact that you hope it would be true tells us you don't believe it's true, which probably makes sense because if there is a terrifying afterlife for the wicked and evil, it only stands to reason that it was created by a supernatural force.

And since it would have a creator that is a supernatural force, it's pretty likely that creator is also judge and jury.

Since you don't believe in that creator, you'd naturally have no idea what the price of admission is to spend eternity in a terrifying afterlife.

In which case, it likewise stands to reason that NOT believing in the creator may be reason enough to punch your ticket to a terrifying afterlife.

Interesting.

You could go back to ragging on progressives because when you step out of that element you become a bigger retard than gatorman.

Interesting.

You could go back to ragging on progressives because when you step out of that element you become a bigger retard than gatorman.

Why? All he did was state Pascal's Wager.

Guess that cheap Canadian education was worth the price, eh?

Failure to believe in something for which little to no evidence exists seems an odd criteria to base a sentence of agony for eternity upon.