Tsarnaev

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I hate to, I'm going to have to agree with DC Tom on this one.

i understand, but seeing the pic of the young lad who was killed,tips the scales for me.. no problem with him being executed, in spite of what the young boy's parents said at the penalty stage of the trial. they are better people for it.. but the guy has to pay.

i understand, but seeing the pic of the young lad who was killed,tips the scales for me.. no problem with him being executed, in spite of what the young boy's parents said at the penalty stage of the trial. they are better people for it.. but the guy has to pay.

No problem with the execution part, its the mocking and celebration part. The whole thing is a tragedy all the way around

No problem with the execution part, its the mocking and celebration part. The whole thing is a tragedy all the way around

who is mocking and celebrating? i didnt see the coverage, but if that is what is happening.. i guess it is a form of release.. a civil disobedience type of thing.. like baltimore

Edited by dwight in philly

Why can't they just do the death penalty right if they're going to do it? Take them out like they do over in the Muslim world, start the camera, cut off the head and go on with your day.

I guess I've seen too much to care what happens with him. When you see someones head cut off and it be totally dismembered and their eyes are still moving and tracking - yeah... this guy can die any time now.

20 years ago Timothy McVeigh was a rabid right wing nut job who wanted to start a revolution with his crazy mentor Terry Nichols

But Tsarnev is an impressionable youth who fell victim to his older brother's unorthodox religious beliefs.

(All 4 of them deserve to rot in Hell)

You have to wonder about the nature of the alternative sentence - life in prison without parole, confined to a 12 x 7 cell and let out 1 hour a day.

How is that not cruel and unusual punishment for a 19 year old? It sounds like passive-agressive torture to me. Many zoo animals have more to live for than that. He'll see many years of concrete walls before they stick him with a needle - if indeed they ever do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't McVeigh's death sentence get delivered rather quickly? Or did he request that?

If I remember correctly, he refused all appeals. This guy should be killed within the month.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't McVeigh's death sentence get delivered rather quickly? Or did he request that?

About four years. He filed three or four appeals, then realized he was facing life without parole if he won...so really, he was just appealing about timing, so why not get it over with...