Potential monday night football game

No way they make the Pats go on the road for MNF next year.

233924[/snapback]

that's an ignorant statement. if anything, the NFL wants the pats on the road for a primetime game -- you know the home team will sell it out and be pumped up.

i'm annoyed that the last bills' home primetime game was in -- well, dammit, i can't even remember when it was. it's about time to show us some love and give us a home sunday or monday nighter.

The NFL put that "negotiable" MNF schedule out there in the latest deals. Is that starting next year? I assume no because the current TV deals run through next season. If so though, they'll be less game to go around. All teams that have a winning record should get one Monday night game.

I wonder if they have a formula (say 7 AFC games, 7 NFC games, 2 interconference, 2 optional) for balancing who gets to play on MNF. I've never really paid attention. If they do balance between conferences, Buffalo and Jacksonville probably are going to get shafted because I can't imagine New England, Pittsburgh, and Indy not getting three games, and all those crappy 8-8 and 7-9 NFC teams will get more exposure than they deserve. Plus Baltimore gets lots of love from the networks due to Mr. Miked Up at MLB.

My guess is that the Bills play at the NYJ. That seems about right. Maybe they will get a home Sunday night game Columbus Day weekend (to help accommodate fans with a long drive to the game).

Fairly or unfairly, the NFL might see the Bills as a risky prime time prospect if the QB situation is very unsettled at the time of scheduling.

Hey, think of it this way,

wasn't it the monday night game against the raiders that put the bills on everyone's radar during the first super bowl season?

233784[/snapback]

That, if I'm not mistaken, was a Sunday Night game. Bills were down 24-14 in the fourth quarter when all hell broke loose and they scored 24 unanswered to win. I remember JD Williams returning a blocked punt for a TD and Kirby Jackson making a big pick as well. That was back in the good old days when we never really LOST a game; we just ran out of time in the end.

I think the Bills, based on a strong finish last year, will play an early season MNF against the Jets, and I will put money on the fact that they will get at least one Sunday night game.

If there is a MNF game, it will be early on, in case they end up sucking (won't happen IMO) and it will be against a team in a major television market. NY is a major television market....Sunday night games usually tend to be odd match-ups with not a lot of history to them. I say Bills vs. Falcons, Bills vs. Saints, or Bills vs Tampa Bay. Of course, we did get to play the Pats on SNF this past season. I would hate to see a repeat of that!

Another possibility is Bills vs Dolphins. As miserable a year as the Dolphins had, they have a large national following, and ABC could kill three birds with one stone: have a team that is likely to be a chic pick for success in 2005 (that would be the Bills), against a team that sucks, but is a major draw, and it is a divisional contest. Add to that, one of the big off-season stories is likely to be Saban and the Dolphins....

That, if I'm not mistaken, was a Sunday Night game.  Bills were down 24-14 in the fourth quarter when all hell broke loose and they scored 24 unanswered to win.  I remember JD Williams returning a blocked punt for a TD and Kirby Jackson making a big pick as well.  That was back in the good old days when we never really LOST a game; we just ran out of time in the end.

234022[/snapback]

Wasn't that game in the 1992 season? I think that was the week after the Bills scored like 24 points in 7 minutes, to shock the Broncos! Maybe my memory is hazy. At work now, have to check the book, but I think our MNF game in 1990 was the Jets, and maybe the Oilers!

Wasn't that game in the 1992 season?  I think that was the week after the Bills scored like 24 points in 7 minutes, to shock the Broncos!  Maybe my memory is hazy.  At work now, have to check the book, but I think our MNF game in 1990 was the Jets, and maybe the Oilers!

234038[/snapback]

That Broncos game was 20 points in 77 seconds! And it was 1990 too. So was the Jets MNF game (Thurman ran for 214 in that one).