Dear Howard,

Beerball

With age comes wisdom (old people smell too). I was hoping that you'd be willing to field questions about topics interesting to other board members. People could ask you for advice, they could inquire about your younger wild child days & they might even be interested in finding out what it's like to be an elderly ex-civil servant. Your success with Shirley might also bring relationship questions. I'm hoping that you're game.

I'll go first: what was the first car you owned? How much did it cost? What was the price of gas? How fast did the car go?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go first: what was the first car you owned?

This is actually a very important question, more importantly what car do you currently drive, in order to establish credibility...

Edited by ricojes

pre_1950_cars_for_sale.jpgI learned how to upload pictures yesterday. Roger came over for a few Schlitz on the front porch. This here is mother with my first car which is a 1950 Pontiac. Shirl and I had some good times in the back seat at the Como Park pavillion watching the submarine races. Gas back then was about 14 cents a gallon and with the $3 in my pocket I was able to fill it up, buy a 6 pack of "safes" and a bag of root beer barrels.

With age comes wisdom (old people smell too). I was hoping that you'd be willing to field questions about topics interesting to other board members. People could ask you for advice, they could inquire about your younger wild child days & they might even be interested in finding out what it's like to be an elderly ex-civil servant. Your success with Shirley might also bring relationship questions. I'm hoping that you're game.

I'll go first: what was the first car you owned? How much did it cost? What was the price of gas? How fast did the car go?

Oh for the love of God no!

Howard,

Can you please advise Chef Jim on the finer points of Internet protocol and niceties?

Please also consider taking TRBJ under your wing. He needs a strong male influence in his life. What advice would you offer him?

pre_1950_cars_for_sale.jpgI learned how to upload pictures yesterday. Roger came over for a few Schlitz on the front porch. This here is mother with my first car which is a 1950 Pontiac. Shirl and I had some good times in the back seat at the Como Park pavillion watching the submarine races. Gas back then was about 14 cents a gallon and with the $3 in my pocket I was able to fill it up, buy a 6 pack of "safes" and a bag of root beer barrels.

This is a picture of my first car...Click the link below

[internet Link - peter pan guy]

Ha ha...this is going to be great...

Edited by ricojes

Chef James You remind me of my older brother Charles. He's 87 but refuses to get with the times. The internets is a band of wires that branch throughout the sky and you talk real loud or type real fast and the electric currents run the messages to friends and relatives. The mobilizers here told me to use smiley faces and be pleasant when I interact with others so I cant threaten anyone with a bloody lip anymore. I think it makes sense to treat everyone here like they are old people (over 90). Young guys like me still respect our elders.

mr mead. Are you older than me? Do you like Lake Country Red in the gallon. It's expensive to ship it because the glass jug weighs a ton and as a veteran of the service, I know my brethren don't want to carry a 10 pound jug of wine around the route each day.