RIP Montgomery Burns, Ned Flanders

they have to work it out...not saying anyone is indespensible, but Harry Shearer and his character voices are every bit as important to the show as Homer and Bart are. Odd this happens so soon after Sam Simon died...

Whew, based on your thread title I thought the great Harry Shearer had died. It's a shame they can't work things out, his voices are a big part of the show.

If he does leave, please tell me his characters do too, and they don't try to replace them. Ned Flanders is prolly my favorite character, and I'd hate to see him played by anybody else.

You do realize he's the voice of more characters on that show than probably anyone else.

We all survived when they changed Fred Flintstone.

Yeah, he plays like half the minor characters in the show. Flanders just happens to be my favorite.

And more than half the major characters.

Burns

Smithers

Skinner

Flanders

Lovejoy

McBain

Otto

Lenny

Who does that leave? The family and Krusty?

A sign of the end of the show. Production wants to go cheap on talent in the waning days of the show.

I see this more like when the producers of Dukes of Hazzard tried replacing Tom Wopat and John Schneider with their generic cousins during a royalties dispute.

I'm sure they will find a new voice for all his characters but audiences will know the difference. Talent has a price tag. Good talent is X price. Lesser talent is Y price.

A sign of the end of the show. Production wants to go cheap on talent in the waning days of the show.

I see this more like when the producers of Dukes of Hazzard tried replacing Tom Wopat and John Schneider with their generic cousins during a royalties dispute.

I'm sure they will find a new voice for all his characters but audiences will know the difference. Talent has a price tag. Good talent is X price. Lesser talent is Y price.

They want to go cheap? They get $300,000 per episode. Sign me up at that"cheap" rate.

They want to go cheap? They get $300,000 per episode. Sign me up at that"cheap" rate.

You'd think a $14 million/2 year deal would be awesome, but I'm sure that after doing the job for 27 years, you probably think you're due for a raise. He's not getting a raise for the last two years of the contract. In 2008, the actors were making $400K an episode. In 2011, Fox wanted to pay $250,000. Actors agreed to $300,000. And that's where it's been. No raises since 2011. Actors don't get any royalties on the back end. Never did.

I know Mr. Burns said it's not about money but about the opportunity to pursue other work. Well it's often about the money.

Edited by dpberr

If they offered me $300k per episode, I'd say Okaly Dokaly. Every time I cashed the check I'd be like Excellllent and go celebrate like Otto

they have to work it out...not saying anyone is indespensible, but Harry Shearer and his character voices are every bit as important to the show as Homer and Bart are. Odd this happens so soon after Sam Simon died...

After Charlie Sheen left "Men," and they continued without him, nothing would surprise me.