Vintage Cameras

dib

I know no one uses 35 mm cameras anymore, however does anyone collect them? I have a number of camera bodies and lenses that i Inherited. I'd hate to resort to a pawn shop.

My brother started collecting them, not big time, just inherited a Leica from my Dad and a few older ones, he just has them as displays on his bookshelves. Nice conversation pieces.

If any for a Pentax k1000, I have one I use.

Like Pooj said... I have a Super Program AE (basically the 80's version of the full manual K-1000, it has a program AE mode and can be used with AE lens... Aperture/shutter program... AutoFocus would become prominent a decade later) . The beauty of Pentax/Asahi optics is that ALL lens are fully (or can be) backwards compatible up to their newest SLR digitals... K, Ka, Kaf, etc... Even going back to the old bayonet mounts (with adapter) of the 50's and 60's. Of course older lens will loose a lot or ALL automatic features, they are still usable in full manual.

If they are Pentax, there is still a market for them on modern cameras... Older optics tend to be superior... Depends on the quality and who/when/where made them.

If they are good quality bodies and lens... You MAY get a pretty penny!

Good luck and hope you can make a buck!

Pooj... Stick with Pentax, you can always move up and keep most of your setup.