5/13: EJ Manuel Talks Bills' QB Competition

So your opinion is uninformed and there's no discussing it with you, because you're just going to put your fingers in your ears and shout "NA NA NA NA NA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

What makes you think my opinion is uninformed?

Here's a mirror of this conversation.

"Tim Tebow kinda sucked when he played."

"He's only played 14 games."

"Who cares? He kinda sucked when he played."

"Yeah but if you can't give me a baseline of how many games someone needs to start before blah blah blah blah blah"

It's over, Tom.

There is no 'I' in team. Support the team completely. EJ is more likely to fail than succeed but that doesn't change the fact that he could be the starting QB. I absolutely hate McKelvin but can at least support him and hope he gets better. It's really not that hard to support someone. Obviously it's harder to not like someone and then support them.

I support EJ. I just think he kinda stinks.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you haven't provided any information backing your opinion beyond "Well that's how I feel!" That's the definition of "uninformed."

Because it's irrelevant. I suppose you assume my thoughts on the turmoil in the Middle East or the Keystone Pipeline are also uninformed, because I haven't espoused them when talking about how EJ Manuel hasn't been that good at QB.

"Yeah but if you can't give me a baseline of how many games someone needs to start before blah blah blah blah blah"

Actually the argument was not ever just because he sucks with Tebow. It was always he cannot throw. Look at how he throws. He winds up like a pitcher. With that motion he's never going to be able to be a pocket passer. There were ten reasons why Tebow could not succeed over time. Never just cuz he sucks.

Actually the argument was not ever just because he sucks with Tebow. It was always he cannot throw. Look at how he throws. He winds up like a pitcher. With that motion he's never going to be able to be a pocket passer. There were ten reasons why Tebow could not succeed over time. Never just cuz he sucks.

I think looking at his numbers over 14 games were also a big indicator. The dude completed 40% of his passes in like half his games.

I don't recall vomit coming out of his mouth so no, he didn't puke on himself.

HOU he got hit something like 15 times. How often does a QB get hit like that in one game? Tampa I'll give you but he was in his what 8th game as a starter? I know everyone wants franchise QB but even franchise QB's take their licks early.

Everyone knew he was a raw QB that would need time to develop but demands immediate results. Sounds fair right?

spot on! :thumbsup:

I think looking at his numbers over 14 games were also a big indicator. The dude completed 40% of his passes in like half his games.

And yet people had distinct reasons why he would never and could never be good. Because of the way he threw. It was not "just because he sucks" which is what you used as an example.

And yet people had distinct reasons why he would never and could never be good. Because of the way he threw. It was not "just because he sucks" which is what you used as an example.

Oh good lord. I posted a page of stats 3 pages ago. I've made hundreds of arguments on this board. I think it's quite fair to summarize at this point.

Edited by FireChan

Oh good lord. I posted a page of stats 3 pages ago. I've made hundreds of arguments on this board. I think it's quite fair to summarize at this point.

You have made hundreds of arguments on this board about EJ so why do you continue to do so? Why can't you let a single EJ thread slip past if you've already made the argument a hundred times?

You work for the team, right? You said yesterday you were in the draft room, right? You even pointed yourself out in the draft video. I get that you're not claiming to speak for the team, but you just made one hell of a statement. A couple of statements, in fact.

He was "in the draft room" and yet on draft night he somehow got the 3rd round pick wrong. Granted, he got the Darby pick correct.

does it matter who he is? really.

We are just talking shop here. are not we all equal but different of opinion?

if we are not we should be.

When he claims to be associated with the team? Yes, it matters. The rest of us acknowledge we're just fans with opinions. This guy claims to be "in the know."

You don't see Wawrow hiding behind a psuedonym when he posts.

In other words, you don't know, but you know it's irrelevant in this case.

Your opinion is stupid, and you are stupid. You stupid-head.

lol'd pretty hard Tom :thumbsup:

way to start my day

When he claims to be associated with the team? Yes, it matters. The rest of us acknowledge we're just fans with opinions. This guy claims to be "in the know."

You don't see Wawrow hiding behind a psuedonym when he posts.

Fair point.

he seems to be just another poster to me

How any chances is this guy going to get, we saw his full potential last year, he stinks.

It's like freakin groundhog day.

Last two years we had the best coaching staff since Levy, it was def. not their fault.

9 wins was a major improvement.

EJ, when he is not injured, can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Let's not sacrifice the year to give the kid one more chance, we already know he doesn't have "it".

Imo

Really? Did you know...

Chan Gailey's red zone offense ranking...20th (2010), 11th (2011), 23rd (2012)

Doug Marrone's red zone offense ranking...29th (2013), 30th (2014)

Those numbers don't lie. Your football intelligence is in serious question if your opinion is that you think the Bills had the best coaching staff the last two years since Levy. The one and only reason the Bills have improved over the last two years was because of the incredible talent on defense, that's it. Doug Marrone was the worst head coach this franchise has had since Hank. He was a complete poser who was clearly trying to ride the coattails of an elite defense to try and snag his dream job coaching the Jets. Doug knew that he was in over his head and he coached scared. He coached like a man who was trying not to get exposed as the fraud he was. Just hearing the name Doug Marrone is repulsive to me as a fan of NFL football. I will never have respect for a man who coaches scared. Just look where he is now. Do you think that if Marrone was truly the best head coach the Bills have had since Levy that the only job he'd be able to get is the offensive line coach for the Jaguars? That's foolish. You love to bust EJ's balls as if you know what your talking about, and then think you can get away with comments like these and still have people respect your opinion? I don't pretend know who the starting Bills QB is going to be this year because the QB competition is going to be a real one. However, I don't think you know much about football if you were being serious with that comment.

odds are manuel is not the guy. none of us would bet on him to become a HOFer suddenly. but i think you have an ok shot of getting middle of the pack play out of him.

Absolutely -- he played that way his rookie season.

With respect - hundreds of arguments doesn't mean that you are correct when arguing

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13200/tim-tebow

Timmy has 35 career starts

2011 for his 14 starts alone were horrific

6 INT's and 7 Fumbes w/QBR of 29.2!!!

WRT 14 games is that RE Tebow or EJ?

Because you complain about pretty much everything?

:worthy:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You have made hundreds of arguments on this board about EJ so why do you continue to do so? Why can't you let a single EJ thread slip past if you've already made the argument a hundred times?

Because I wasn't making an argument in this one.