Jimmy Garoppolo and the future of the AFC East

EJ Manuel, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Todd Collins

Not the greatest roster ever, but 4 guys who have started multiple NFL games.

LOL, if that's the yard stick for measuring success, the Bills hit a lot of home runs.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how many guys did we draft in that time that start in the NFL? success or not, these guys are the starting QB's for an NFL team

To be clear can we also claim the Raiders drafted well because Jamarcus Russel started NFL games?

LOL, if that's the yard stick for measuring success, the Bills hit a lot of home runs.

I never said the Bills are successful. The measurement of success was four starting QBs since 1994 drafted... I provided the example, because I don't think that's a measurement of success really, because the Bills, who have failed in that arena, have done the same.

The Bills have drafted 4 players in that time that have started in the NFL(Todd Collins, JP Losman, Trent Edwards and EJ Manuel). What's your point?

EDIT: You can almost make that 5, if you count Jeff Tuel.

I said how many start NOW

To be clear can we also claim the Raiders drafted well because Jamarcus Russel started NFL games?

he's still playing? who does he start for?

EJ Manuel, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Todd Collins

Not the greatest roster ever, but 4 guys who have started multiple NFL games.

they still play? none of these guys are starting this year

how do you know mallett and Cassel will be the starting QBs on their teams this year? If they arent, the answer is the same for the Bills as it is the Pats - 1. EJ, brady. You can't count both Brady and JG. Only one is the "starter." JG is starting 4 games by default.

EJ ain't starting :) I don't think the current coaching staff trusts him

I said how many start NOW

he's still playing? who does he start for?

they still play? none of these guys are starting this year

EJ ain't starting :) I don't think the current coaching staff trusts him

That's actually not what you said, you said:

how many guys did we draft in that time that start in the NFL? success or not, these guys are the starting QB's for an NFL team

I answered your question.

That's actually not what you said, you said:

I answered your question.

that start. as in are starters right now. JP Losman doesn't start. unless he's working as a valet these days and he starts cars

the fact remains that the following Tom Brady backups will start at one point or another this season:

- Brian Hoyer

- Ryan Mallet

- Jimmy G

- Matt Cassel

they aren't amazing players but the Patriots know a thing or two about QB's so to say they have just been lucky isn't true

that start. as in are starters right now. JP Losman doesn't start. unless he's working as a valet these days and he starts cars

Ok, let's go with who's starting now. Is Ryan Mallet starting? Do you know that for sure? Is Matt Cassel starting? Do you know that for sure? Is Jimmy Garoppolo starting if Tom Brady isn't suspend?

So that'll be one person. Tom Brady.

Ok, let's go with who's starting now. Is Ryan Mallet starting? Do you know that for sure? Is Matt Cassel starting? Do you know that for sure? Is Jimmy Garoppolo starting if Tom Brady isn't suspend?

those guys will all start at some point this year. that makes them NFL starting QB's

the fact remains that the following Tom Brady backups will start at one point or another this season:

- Brian Hoyer

- Ryan Mallet

- Jimmy G

- Matt Cassel

they aren't amazing players but the Patriots know a thing or two about QB's so to say they have just been lucky isn't true

it is not a "fact" that Cassell or Mallett will start this season. That's an "opinion". NE didn't draft Hoyer. Signed him as a FA after they chose not to draft him. We signed Tuel after we chose not draft him, and he started a game too. Is that a check mark in our favor? Edited by YoloinOhio

Two, if Mallett doesn't start then Hoyer is.

- Brian Hoyer

- Ryan Mallet

- Jimmy G

- Matt Cassel

If you are counting the first two then you expect at least one of them to play so poorly that they are not a starter, or to get injured. Jimmy G doesn't see the field if Brady isn't suspended. Cassel is hardly a lock to start.

Two, if Mallett doesn't start then Hoyer is.

If you are counting the first two then you expect at least one of them to play so poorly that they are not a starter, or to get injured. Jimmy G doesn't see the field if Brady isn't suspended. Cassel is hardly a lock to start.

Hoyer wasn't drafted by the Patriots**

those guys will all start at some point this year. that makes them NFL starting QB's

Ok, and how does that make them successful? Because they are starters? There have been hundreds of QB's who have started in the NFL... they arent' all successful.

it is not a "fact" that Cassell or Mallett will start this season. That's an "opinion". NE didn't draft Hoyer. Signed him as a FA after they chose not to draft him. We signed Tuel after we chose not draft him, and he started a game too. Is that a check mark in our favor?

no because he's never going to play in the NFL again after he gets cut this year. we have had some terrible QB's. our personnel dept wouldn't know a QB if they saw one. to have so many that will start a game this year in the NFL, the Pats are doing something right. that's the only point i'm trying to make

it's not all "luck"

no because he's never going to play in the NFL again after he gets cut this year. we have had some terrible QB's. our personnel dept wouldn't know a QB if they saw one. to have so many that will start a game this year in the NFL, the Pats are doing something right. that's the only point i'm trying to make

it's not all "luck"

It is luck, how are they doing something right? Because they are starting in the NFL does not make them success stories. Like I previously said, lots of QB's have started in the NFL. That is not proof of success.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Hoyer wasn't drafted by the Patriots**

Ok, and how does that make them successful? Because they are starters? There have been hundreds of QB's who have started in the NFL... they arent' all successful.

they are still in the league and starting in the NFL. there's only like 40 something guys in the world that will do that. and none of them will be guys that we have drafted or signed as UDFA as Yolo wants me to point in with respect to Hoyer

It is luck, how are they doing something right? Because they are starting in the NFL does not make them success stories. Like I previously said, lots of QB's have started in the NFL. That is not proof of success.

just to start is a success. we have no draft picks or udfa's starting games this year. they have 5