[closed]How would YOU punish Tom Brady for deflategate?

6 games. 4 for cheating, and 2 for coverup. Draft picks seem about right. I mean, the Brown's GM got 4 games just for a single incident of in-game texting.

Because the evidence suggests Brady (a) has been doing it for years, and (b) he obtained an unfair competitive advantage over that span.

And if my job is to protect the shield, i cant have that.

He waived representation, but that's not a waiver of his rights and protections afforded by the agreement. I think it was AP that got his reduced first, and then later Rice was reinstated. Different issue though when you start talking about potential criminal behavior off the field versus cheating in the game.

I think my issue is that he is doing the same thing as he did with the balls. He's only apply the rules he wants to follow.

Wells: We believe you're cheating

Tom: Prove it!

Wells: Well we need to look at your phone.

Tom: Nope, NFLPA says I don't have to.

Edited by The Wiz

I actually think the 4-game suspension is perfect; I think the money and the draft picks were overkill. Isn't Brady the only one who the investigation named as someone who very likely had knowledge? If so, only Brady should be punished. The team, by nature of his personal suspension, is already being punished. I'm not sure how docking the team a first round pick in the 2016 draft can be punishment for something that was done by one player in the 2014 season.

Don't get me wrong ... I love that it's happening. I just think it's a misguided penalty.

I actually think the 4-game suspension is perfect; I think the money and the draft picks were overkill. Isn't Brady the only one who the investigation named as someone who very likely had knowledge? If so, only Brady should be punished. The team, by nature of his personal suspension, is already being punished. I'm not sure how docking the team a first round pick in the 2016 draft can be punishment for something that was done by one player in the 2014 season.

Don't get me wrong ... I love that it's happening. I just think it's a misguided penalty.

I think that comes down to a few things with the picks and the fine.

Repeat offenders

Failure to comply (reports were that Kraft stopped letting Wells interview McNally)

The money really is a non-issue. 1 million is probably how much the team spends on sports tape in a season. The picks are likely a result of the repeat offenders since they were hit with a 1st round pick during spygate.

Edited by The Wiz

Repeat offenders

Failure to comply (reports were that Kraft stopped letting Wells interview McNally)

The money really is a non-issue. 1 million is probably how much the team spends on sports tape in a season. The picks are likely a result of the repeat offenders since they were hit with a 1st round pick during spygate.

The $1MM is offset by the $4MM they SAVE by not paying Brady's salary.

Repeat offenders

But the repeat offense thing is different, to me. This was an individual cheating; not the organization.

If those reports re: Kraft failing to comply, then I would agree that the removal of picks would be appropriate.

But the repeat offense thing is different, to me. This was an individual cheating; not the organization.

If those reports re: Kraft failing to comply, then I would agree that the removal of picks would be appropriate.

I think I just saw about how McNally was requested for a second interview and the Pats** never even told McNally about it. In one of the other threads. So yea, they weren't complying and not taking the investigation serious IMO.

I pretty much agree with this Gug, except I think Brady should have gotten a bigger suspension (definitely didn't expect it though). Brady was clearly the ring leader of this thing, and appears to have done it on his own. He also refused to cooperate in an A-rod like way. He should have faced the bulk of the punishment, with a longer suspension...and maybe no loss of a 1st round draft pick for the franchise.

It seems like they split the punishment between the franchise and Brady, where as I thought Brady should have gotten the heavier end.

As you said...I'm also just fine with out it worked out, provided they don't appeal their way out of this.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.