Congratulations Norm Chow

OnTheRocks

Norm Chow going to Tennessee probably means that Steve McNair will be moved out of Tennessee.

The Titans are going into the rebuilding mode, they are 26 million over the salary cap, have the new QB in place and are looking at having Norm Chow rebuild the offense around Volex, Bennett, Calico and Eddie Berlin along with Ben Troupe at TE.

I think it is a distinct possibility that McNair will either retire or be given his release so he can pick and choose his team.

If released, a team would be able to sign him for a fair market value contract.

Here are the teams I see in the mix in the order of logic for the team and player.

1. Arizona - Excellent fix into existing offensive design, head coach compatability, developing team with salary cap room and in a weak division where they can dominate for at least three years.

2. Denver - Could be the missing piece and is a far better QB in their system then Jake Plummer, have salary cap room if they make the decision to not pick-up the option on Plummers contract. Have the receivers and running game in place and are still a viable playoff threat.

3. Buffalo - If Bledsoe is released could be the perfect player for the next two years for Loseman to work under. All the pieces are in place for the Bills to be a Super Bowl team and simply need a quality QB to complete the package. Bills could sign him for three or four years, next two as the starter and then as a back-up for JP.

4. Baltimore - Possible only if the Ravens don't see Boller as the QB to take them back to the Super Bowl, also limited because they may simply move after Randy Moss as the means of boosting their offensive production.

5. Cleveland/Miami - Both teams need a starting QB, Miami has to many salary cap issues to take on a McNair contract and Cleveland is lacking the personnel to win in the next two to three years.

Looking for any feedback on this post.

Personally, I don't see the logic in Chow's move. He is going from one OC job to the other. And, arguably, USC is a bigger stage than a worn down/rebuilding TENN club. If he stayed for another year at USC, he would possibly win another title and possibly have several head coaching opportunites at the NFL level.

By taking the Tenn gig, he is setting himself up for failure. They play in a tough division and have an aging roster. Chances are they won't be in the playoffs next year (although it's FAR too early to speculate on that I guess) so there isn't much of a chance he could end up as a HC in 2006...at least not in the NFL.

As for McNair, Tenn won't let him walk away. If he wants to go to another team, they will trade him, not cut him. He is too valuable to that franchise to simply let him walk away (from a PR standpoint alone). Still, I think he's done.

Even if he doesn't hang em up, he hasn't got much left in the tank. Moving from Drew to Steve (especially with the OLine the Bills have now) would be an upgrade, but a slim one. He has taken too much damage and hates to practice. That won't fly with this coaching staff at all. So I doubt Buffalo would make an offer.

I could see a team like Arizona making an offer, possibly Baltimore. Miami doesn't have anything to offer for him, so they're out. And Cleveland won't break the bank on McNair (just a hunch), Crennel will want to build through the draft and FA.

Just my two cents.