Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

I'm sort of surprised about those who are indifferent about the offense itself. How many games come down to one play in the NFL.

If an under inflated ball leads to a few more accurate passes and a few fewer fumbles, which it absolutely should, then this act could have made the difference between an average season and a Super Bowl run. Now aggregate that over up to 7 seasons...

And obviously one could say it doesn't effect the game much, well then why take the risk of doing it at all?

I mean if you generally just don't care about the sport then I can see it, but as the fan of a team that has been owed by the cheaters including several very close losses it's clearly irritating.

That's easy--regardless if it actually gives you an advantage, if you believe it does, you will do it if you think it has little chance of getting caught.

Rodgers certainly implied that he has his balls overinflated (this has to be after they are inspected by the refs too, i would think) because he feels it gives him an advantage throwing.

If this has been going on for years, how is it that it only became "obvious" this season (at playoff time, no less).

As for the "a few plays here and there" argument, you should be able to show us the close games even this year where such plays decided the game in favor of the pats--and then show how the underinfalted ball factored into those plays. Again, the majority of the balls tested were approx 1-2 psi off the minimum.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's easy--regardless if it actually gives you an advantage, if you believe it does, you will do it if you think it has little chance of getting caught.

Rodgers certainly implied that he has his balls overinflated (this has to be after they are inspected by the refs too, i would think) because he feels it gives him an advantage throwing.

If this has been going on for years, how is it that it only became "obvious" this season (at playoff time, no less).

As for the "a few plays here and there" argument, you should be able to show us the close games even this year where such plays decided the game in favor of the pats--and then show how the underinfalted ball factored into those plays. Again, the majority of the balls tested were approx 1-2 psi off the minimum.

No, Rodgers explicitly said they try to sneak some through inspection overinflated, but doesn't mind if they bring them down to regulation

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I completely agree that winning is what matters. I would be the first to argue with anyone who says our achievement is devalued because Brady wasn't in. I was arguing against that very point in December for the Buffalo vs Pats thread.

That doesn't mean there won't be a whole lot of "buts" come time when we finally make the playoffs. Trust me I don't believe in it either, but it will surely happen. Our own fans said it at the end of the season last year. The NFL Media will be all over it. It will be THE story next year.

So sue me if I would rather bypass that and hit the patriots hard in the draft. That's just my opinion.

Who cares what others say? I just want to make the playoffs...If the Bills beat the Giants in SB XXV would you have thought less of it because Giants were playing their backup QB?

Sometimes Florio gets it right. I agree with a lot of this, that the timing of the release and the delay in punishment shows the NFL is gauging the fan reaction to the report, and it may hurt Brady.

I especially like the Three Stooges analogy that Curly and Larry were carrying out Moe's orders. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/09/the-transparency-vs-trial-balloon-question/

Thanks for showing up.

Here's one that may have made a big difference in a game and a Bills game at that--Jerry Hughes' massive tomahawk chop on Brady in the home game last year. On seeing the replay at the time in the stadium I wondered how the heck the ball didn't go flying. Now I know why not!

The Pats have an early bye this year (Week 4). And except for that Pittsburgh game, no ones really going to miss Brady when he plays the dregs of the AFC in Buffalo and against Jacksonville.

That quote from your link deserves the return of the fyou smiley

Yeah wtf is this writer thinking? We're better than Pittsburgh, or at least just as good. Brady might be the only QB that can beat our defense himself if he has to.

Thanks for showing up.

Here's one that may have made a big difference in a game and a Bills game at that--Jerry Hughes' massive tomahawk chop on Brady in the home game last year. On seeing the replay at the time in the stadium I wondered how the heck the ball didn't go flying. Now I know why not!

That's actually a good one. I remember saying how the hell did he hang onto that ball? Wonder if that was one of the games.

Sometimes Florio gets it right. I agree with a lot of this, that the timing of the release and the delay in punishment shows the NFL is gauging the fan reaction to the report, and it may hurt Brady.

I especially like the Three Stooges analogy that Curly and Larry were carrying out Moe's orders. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/09/the-transparency-vs-trial-balloon-question/

After the Ray Rice debacle, this is clearly what's going on. They do not want another situation like that one.

Thanks for showing up.

wow I remember that play too.

wow I remember that play too.

And instead of a strip sack fumbled all Jerry got that game was a 15 yard penalty on a key third down for hitting his own teammate on the head.

Typical Bills-Pats* game in the Belicheat-Kraft era, no?

That would be an endless and indefensible speculative arguement. There is some good analysis out there about the pats statistically anomalous ability to hang on to the football. But no one can look at a specific play and conclude an outcome with a different inflation level.

Brady's level of play over the next a season in various weather conditions will either prove or disprove what impact the cheating had on his play.

The Pats have an early bye this year (Week 4). And except for that Pittsburgh game, no one’s really going to miss Brady when he plays the dregs of the AFC in Buffalo and against Jacksonville.

That quote from your link deserves the return of the fyou smiley

9-7 team, dregs of the NFL. Awesome. Thanks guys.

if you play with a ball out of regulation you are cheating .. period

running illegal plays is cheating .. period - as noted on film after they ran the ineligible eligible receiver formation

playing with the under inflated ball may be the reason they fumble less than the entire league WITH a rotating roster.

1+1+1 that all add up to complete the puzzle.

I'm sort of surprised about those who are indifferent about the offense itself. How many games come down to one play in the NFL.

If an under inflated ball leads to a few more accurate passes and a few fewer fumbles, which it absolutely should, then this act could have made the difference between an average season and a Super Bowl run. Now aggregate that over up to 7 seasons...

And obviously one could say it doesn't effect the game much, well then why take the risk of doing it at all?

I mean if you generally just don't care about the sport then I can see it, but as the fan of a team that has been owed by the cheaters including several very close losses it's clearly irritating.

Spot on.

That would be an endless and indefensible speculative arguement. There is some good analysis out there about the pats statistically anomalous ability to hang on to the football. But no one can look at a specific play and conclude an outcome with a different inflation level.

Brady's level of play over the next a season in various weather conditions will either prove or disprove what impact the cheating had on his play.

Spot on again.

Man you're good. Or will they bring up the age factor...

ANY SUSPENSION. EVEN IF THEY SAY "SUSPENDED FOR THE KICKOFF"

ANY SUSPENSION WILL TARNISH THAT CHEATING MUTHA****** A****** BI*******. I HATE THAT M****** :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Basically any fan from any team can now reply with the "Yeah he was good, because he cheated" Pat fans and Brady lovers will not have a real valid answer to that!!!!!

I know I shouldnt pray for his suspension, but its kinda like that.

No, Rodgers explicitly said they try to sneak some through inspection overinflated, but doesn't mind if they bring them down to regulation

"I like to push the limits of how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do,"

It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,”

He said there should be no maximum pressure rule. Others obviously believe there should be no minimum pressure.

This brings us to the point I've not heard raised yet--why not let every QB pick his pressure? Obviously there is a minimum pressure where the ball can't be thrown. Barring that, your left with a range of about 3-4 psi difference in what Brady preferred and what Rodgers was doing to the ball.

Thanks for showing up.

For showing up? Don't know what that means....but anyway:

You are referring to the game that the Bills D layed down in the second half. That non-fumble wasn't a factgor in the outcome.

That study also showed that NE's plays/fumble for the 5 year period 2009-2013 was the same as that of the 2006-2010 Colts. In fact, in the top 10 5 year periods of plays/fumble ratio, the pats have 4 of the top 10 and the Colts have 3 (including 2 in the top 4).. So only this past season seems to be the real anomaly for the pats. And obviously MAnnign is deflating balls as well, given the same data. Recall that it was MAnning who pressured the league to let the team staff/QBs pick the balls for the games....

Brady's performance over the past 4 years has steadily decreased in regard to yards passing, TDs, YPA. If they go down again next year it will be because of "normally pressurized" balls? Yeah, maybe...

Love the outrage of a Pats* fan from one of their forums. No more hotdogs or mountain dew for you! With outrage like this, who needs satisfied fans?

Kraft you go to bat for Tom or you will seriously piss off this STH. And I promise to spend less money. I will still go but I will no longer buy concessions. I have been to Gillette for every regular season game and playoffs since the stadium opened and bought a hot dog and a mountain dew at every game as a minimum purchase and if you upset me I will boycot concessions.

GO BILLS!!!

Love the outrage of a Pats* fan from one of their forums. No more hotdogs or mountain dew for you! With outrage like this, who needs satisfied fans?

GO BILLS!!!

What can stupid Kraft do so the stupid fan can buy his stupid mountain dew while hes watching his stupid team, the stupid cheating patriots?

"I like to push the limits of how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do,"

It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,”

He said there should be no maximum pressure rule. Others obviously believe there should be no minimum pressure.

This brings us to the point I've not heard raised yet--why not let every QB pick his pressure? Obviously there is a minimum pressure where the ball can't be thrown. Barring that, your left with a range of about 3-4 psi difference in what Brady preferred and what Rodgers was doing to the ball.

For showing up? Don't know what that means....but anyway:

You are referring to the game that the Bills D layed down in the second half. That non-fumble wasn't a factgor in the outcome.

That study also showed that NE's plays/fumble for the 5 year period 2009-2013 was the same as that of the 2006-2010 Colts. In fact, in the top 10 5 year periods of plays/fumble ratio, the pats have 4 of the top 10 and the Colts have 3 (including 2 in the top 4).. So only this past season seems to be the real anomaly for the pats. And obviously MAnnign is deflating balls as well, given the same data. Recall that it was MAnning who pressured the league to let the team staff/QBs pick the balls for the games....

Brady's performance over the past 4 years has steadily decreased in regard to yards passing, TDs, YPA. If they go down again next year it will be because of "normally pressurized" balls? Yeah, maybe...

First of all, on the Colts point, as Sharp and others have noted and as common sense would dictate, dome teams (like the Colts) fumble at a much lower rate naturally than those teams that play outdoors, particularly outdoors in bad weather. That explains why the Pats** are such outliers--their numbers alone are more comparable to dome teams. He goes into that in detail his analysis. DC Tom and others have poked some holes in his analysis, but personally I think his general point still stands. Maybe we'll find out going forward--like if the Pats**' fumbling stats come back to earth next year.

You asked for an example of a specific play and I gave you one--a big one in fact. You're telling me that a huge strip sack play like that back in New England's own end (it was in the second quarter on the Pats**' 23 yard line when the game was 7-0) that might possibly have gone for a TD as bouncing ball strip sacks deep in a backfield often do would have made no difference in a game that was within one score with 5 minutes to play? Give me a break.

You have been mightily absent on these Brady threads, but are now here in full-throated defense of your favorite team. I just have to ask--are you on their payroll?

Yet another data point in full view this week showing that the cheatingest organization in sports hasn't changed its spots one whit. One of us would have predicted that and one of us predicts that this isn't the last of such scandals for the boys from Foxboro that we'll see. That organization rots from the top on down, as more and more folks are realizing.

Hey, now that Dennard got cut last week by the Pats** he might actually get that time off we were talking about last year for his DUI plea that got him a 60 day jail sentence, but no League punishment? Remember that? Only a season or so too late (and, importantly, on someone else's nickel other than Bob Kraft's).