Michelle Goes To The Museum

Imagine what we might hear from tem after they leave Washington and have nothing at all to lose.

I was just talking about this with my wife the other day. It will be interesting to see how much we hear from them when he leaves office.

I was just listening to a local radio talkshow. One of the guys was saying he grew up in Chicago pretty much the same time as Michelle. He said he spent tons of time in all the Chicago museums as a kid and said the museums were teeming with black kids.

I was just listening to a local radio talkshow. One of the guys was saying he grew up in Chicago pretty much the same time as Michelle. He said he spent tons of time in all the Chicago museums as a kid and said the museums were teeming with black kids.

Are you saying MIchelle lied? Racist

Edited by Dante

Read a great article from Ricochet here that pretty much sums it up.

It strikes me as terribly irresponsible of our leaders to constantly explain how everyone else is to blame except for people of color.

I have been to several Chicago museums on many occasions. Whether I was at the Art Institute of Chicago, the Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, or the Museum of Science and Industry, the bustling crowds were made up of every ethnicity and socioeconomic status. Buses brought in schoolkids from each neighborhood in Chicago and every ‘burb surrounding it. I’m sure a young Michelle Obama participated in similar field trips many times.

And it’s not as if she grew up in poverty, relegated to the South Side’s infamous housing projects like some of my friends. The First Lady had a thoroughly middle-class upbringing in a stable, nuclear family. Her excellent grades got her into Chicago’s superb Whitney Young Magnet High School where she was given one of the finest secondary educations in the state.

Did this smart, successful student actually think Chicago’s many popular museums were closed to “someone who looks like me, for someone who comes from my neighborhood?” Did she “never in a million years dream” she would be welcome in these cultural centers, even though her school must have had field trips to most of them? I find this very hard to believe.

What a crock of horse ****. She probably never had been to a museum in NYC before.She also said, she didn't feel comfortable going to Princeton either.

She's got a low-class mocking image of America and doesn't seem to be comfortable in her own skin. She probably never paid attention in history class. She knows little of America.

What a crock of horse ****. She probably never had been to a museum in NYC before.She also said, she didn't feel comfortable going to Princeton either.

She's got a low-class mocking image of America and doesn't seem to be comfortable in her own skin. She probably never paid attention in history class. She knows little of America.

Maybe our Nubian queen has self esteem issues? Not a chance. She's just evil.

I've been to the Field Museum in Chicago twice. The mix of people in attendance seemed pretty diverse to me.

Yes and I would wager heavily that a higher percentage of inner city black kids have attended the museums in Chicago than that of suburban whites because discount and free tickets are widely dispersed in the city and the proximity to the museums is much better from the city. Many in the suburbs rarely go downtown and some suburban schools don't do field trips there. Probably 100% of city schools do. But wait a minute, maybe her point is strictly that minorities don't "feel" welcomed once they are there. Rubbish.

Don't think I've ever been to a museum -- or any other touristy area -- in NYC during the week that wasn't teeming with school kids of all races and ethic backgrounds.

Don't think I've ever been to a museum -- or any other touristy area -- in NYC during the week that wasn't teeming with school kids of all races and ethic backgrounds.

Yes.................but are they getting that "feeling of belonging" that Michelle was deprived of as a kid ? ?

Yes and I would wager heavily that a higher percentage of inner city black kids have attended the museums in Chicago than that of suburban whites because discount and free tickets are widely dispersed in the city and the proximity to the museums is much better from the city. Many in the suburbs rarely go downtown and some suburban schools don't do field trips there. Probably 100% of city schools do. But wait a minute, maybe her point is strictly that minorities don't "feel" welcomed once they are there. Rubbish.

Now. What about 40 years ago when Michelle Obama was a kid?

She may not be "wrong." Just out of touch with the times.

Now. What about 40 years ago when Michelle Obama was a kid?

She may not be "wrong." Just out of touch with the times.

No, read my post from the guy I heard today. He's her age, grew up in Chicago too and saw all sorts of black kids at the museums when he went.

Here is the list of "free days" for 2015:

http://www.christinetrevino.com/2015/01/02/free-chicago-museum-days-2015/

They always have free days @ the museums. The big 5 being The Field, Museum of Science & Industy, Shedd Aquarium, Art Institute, and Adler Planetarium. I think back in the day (what I heard from people here) it was a but more uniform w/certain museums having a day of the week for free. The joke was, that's when most white people avoided the museum because the free days were over run by poor minorites. Now, I think they mix it up a little... It might have been getting out of hand. You think? Na! That would NEVER happen.

Maybe Michelle tried to get in free on days that weren't free. If that was the case, then I would assume she was most likely made to feel not welcomed. But who has a problem with that? Come back on the free day.

Maybe Chef's talk radio caller that he heard was free day hopping? Wow, and some say Ralph was cheap!

Here is the list of "free days" for 2015:

http://www.christinetrevino.com/2015/01/02/free-chicago-museum-days-2015/

They always have free days @ the museums. The big 5 being The Field, Museum of Science & Industy, Shedd Aquarium, Art Institute, and Adler Planetarium. I think back in the day (what I heard from people here) it was a but more uniform w/certain museums having a day of the week for free. The joke was, that's when most white people avoided the museum because the free days were over run by poor minorites. Now, I think they mix it up a little... It might have been getting out of hand. You think? Na! That would NEVER happen.

Maybe Michelle tried to get in free on days that weren't free. If that was the case, then I would assume she was most likely made to feel not welcomed. But who has a problem with that? Come back on the free day.

Maybe Chef's talk radio caller that he heard was free day hopping? Wow, and some say Ralph was cheap!

So, in other words Michelle wasn't/isn't smart enough to figure out which days were/are free? That's downright racist, but then again liberalism and racism just seem to go hand in hand.