Mort Chat

Rico

Tim (Rochester, NY): What do you hear as the latest with Drew Bledsoe and the Bills? Will he take a pay cut or is he just going to get cut? And if he's gone, how comfortable are the Bills with handing over the offense to J.P Losman?

Chris Mortensen: (12:20 PM ET ) I think the Bills are at the point where it's probably no longer about asking Drew to take a pay cut, it's a matter of just making a decision. Do they want Bledsoe back? I think they will go with Losman. Anytime you go with a young QB you worry about taking a step but they are so strong in the running game, with defense and with special teams that it's probably as good a situation as a young quarterback could find.

Kyle (Columbus, Ohio): Mort, please please please tell me the Dallas Cowboys will not open the season with Vinny as the starter. What are the chances of Henson stepping up to the plate?

Chris Mortensen: (12:22 PM ET ) I can't tell you that Kyle. I do think Henson has a chance, but obviously, there's something about him that the Cowboys didn't exactly embrace, and I would not be shocked if they go looking for another one this offseason. ... Perhaps even Bledsoe.

Angus, Huntington VT: Hi Mort. Who is the favorite to succeed Charlie Weis in New England right now? I feel like that is the biggest problem facing the champs right now. Agree?

Chris Mortensen: (12:31 PM ET ) I think that replacing Weis is their biggest challenge. What I'm starting to hear is they may do that as a group with Bellichick becoming even MORE involved in the offense. In other words, they may not name an O-Coordin. and, even if they do, Bellicheck will likely, ultimately, be that guy. Now, that would not be extraordinary, b/c he's always been involved in every pahse of the game, he even served as the QB coach three years ago.

Angus, Huntington VT: Hi Mort. Who is the favorite to succeed Charlie Weis in New England right now? I feel like that is the biggest problem facing the champs right now. Agree?

Chris Mortensen: (12:31 PM ET ) I think that replacing Weis is their biggest challenge. What I'm starting to hear is they may do that as a group with Bellichick becoming even MORE involved in the offense. In other words, they may not name an O-Coordin. and, even if they do, Bellicheck will likely, ultimately, be that guy. Now, that would not be extraordinary, b/c he's always been involved in every pahse of the game, he even served as the QB coach three years ago.

233451[/snapback]

That would be the best possible scenario for the rest of the NFL.

Bill (Indiana):  Mort, I have a question about Bledsoe...

Mort: Jesus fuggin H. Christ can we drop the fuggin' Bledsoe questions already? How many times can you people ask the same question a different way every fuggin' week!?!

233481[/snapback]

<_<<_<:lol:

I think they will go with Losman. Anytime you go with a young QB you worry about taking a step but they are so strong in the running game, with defense and with special teams that it's probably as good a situation as a young quarterback could find.

233420[/snapback]

I think that pretty much sums it up. I don't think the circumstances could be any better for JP to start. Like I've said before...he needs to work his ass off during the offseason, and come into camp ready to take the job by the balls. Just keep the D away from him during practice!!!

I think that pretty much sums it up.  I don't think the circumstances could be any better for JP to start.  Like I've said before...he needs to work his ass off during the offseason, and come into camp ready to take the job by the balls.  Just keep the D away from him during practice!!!

233532[/snapback]

Yup and if he screws up, Milloy or Vincent can knock him on his ass, break his leg and let the backup come in.

Bill (Indiana):  Mort, I have a question about Bledsoe...

Mort: Jesus fuggin H. Christ can we drop the fuggin' Bledsoe questions already? How many times can you people ask the same question a different way every fuggin' week!?!

233481[/snapback]

Isn't that what Passthepotatoes said in his chat 3 weeks ago? <_<<_<