ESPN the Mag: LeSean McCoy Interview

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound familiar? I don't blame Kelly for taking control if he doesn't want certain players. He's the coach. I doubt he is doing it based on race. But he says DeSean is "too small" and Shady is "not a one-cut" runner as why he moved on, but he just didn't like them because they challenged him. I'm not saying he's wrong for wanting players all to act a certain way, but it is hard to control star NFL players like you can college kids. People can say Belichik does but when he needed Blount back, he signed him. He signed Randy Moss. Pete Carroll got rid of Harvin but kept Lynch. They will deal with it when they think the player can help them win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chip-kelly-wants-us-to-believe-eagles-cut-desean-jackson-because-of-his-size-170225251.html;_ylt=A0LEViUCNkpVoYwAYcgnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBzc2Flbmk2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMTMEY29sbwNiZjEEdnRpZAM-

Sound familiar? I don't blame Kelly for taking control if he doesn't want certain players. He's the coach. I doubt he is doing it based on race. But he says DeSean is "too small" and Shady is "not a one-cut" runner as why he moved on, but he just didn't like them because they challenged him. I'm not saying he's wrong for wanting players all to act a certain way, but it is hard to control star NFL players like you can college kids. People can say Belichik does but when he needed Blount back, he signed him. He signed Randy Moss. Pete Carroll got rid of Harvin but kept Lynch. They will deal with it when they think the player can help them win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chip-kelly-wants-us-to-believe-eagles-cut-desean-jackson-because-of-his-size-170225251.html;_ylt=A0LEViUCNkpVoYwAYcgnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBzc2Flbmk2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMTMEY29sbwNiZjEEdnRpZAM-

Good post Yolo. I have a feeling that Chip Kelly is not long for the league. I doubt it's a spectacular flameout although that is possible. But he is a very smart offensive guy, so he will succeed to some degree. But without big success there is going to be a ton of scrutiny and he will not handle it well. The guy is a pompous ass. I heard that from some people that knew him before he got to the NFL. It's already started and it's going to backfire I think.

This is surely a stereotype but as a white guy my experience would say that Kelly isn't doing it because they are black. I can under stand how McCoy and other black guys see it that way because of theirs. I don't think he's right but I'm sure that is how he sees it.

somewhere, i imagine fred jackson is disapproving of leasean's constant feeding of the media's mccoy-kelly feud.

Why? Freddy can be very outspoken about perceived snubs. He's been furious with Bills management more than once. If I had to guess I think Freddy would agree with McCoy.

somewhere, i imagine fred jackson is disapproving of leasean's constant feeding of the media's mccoy-kelly feud.

Fred doesn't really hold back either. He was vocal about Marrone and Donte Whitner, two that I remember offhand. He might not like it, but he's not a wallflower either.

Good post Yolo. I have a feeling that Chip Kelly is not long for the league. I doubt it's a spectacular flameout although that is possible. But he is a very smart offensive guy, so he will succeed to some degree. But without big success there is going to be a ton of scrutiny and he will not handle it well. The guy is a pompous ass. I heard that from some people that knew him before he got to the NFL. It's already started and it's going to backfire I think.

This is surely a stereotype but as a white guy my experience would say that Kelly isn't doing it because they are black. I can under stand how McCoy and other black guys see it that way because of theirs. I don't think he's right but I'm sure that is how he sees it.

i would doubt race is the cause of getting rid of mccoy, but given keeping cooper and shipping off so many others for not following the program..... im not shocked that there may be some perception that something funny is going on among some of the players.

Fred doesn't really hold back either. He was vocal about Marrone and Donte Whitner, two that I remember offhand. He might not like it, but he's not a wallflower either.

No doubt. Fred speaks his mind and is direct. Much respect for the honesty, even if it isn't popular at times.

Yeah, not following up allows people to read between the lines. It also allows Rodak to post an article with a controversial headline to generate clicks

I don't want to stick up for Rodent but this was not at all a click bait scenario. He was assigned by ESPN THE MAGAZINE to "interview" McCoy because he is the ESPN guy covering the Bills. It comes out in the magazine on the new stands and online. Not Rodent's normal worthless column. He erred not asking a follow up as jw said, because he is a crappy reporter and interviewer. Not because he was just trying to cause controversy and get clicks

i would doubt race is the cause of getting rid of mccoy, but given keeping cooper and shipping off so many others for not following the program..... im not shocked that there may be some perception that something funny is going on among some of the players.

Yup. It ain't only McCoy.

I don't want to stick up for Rodent but this was not at all a click bait scenario. He was assigned by ESPN THE MAGAZINE to "interview" McCoy because he is the ESPN guy covering the Bills. It comes out in the magazine on the new stands and online. Not Rodent's normal worthless column. He erred not asking a follow up as jw said, because he is a crappy reporter and interviewer. Not because he was just trying to cause controversy and get clicks

Yup. It ain't only McCoy.

I'm not saying this article was the click bait. I'm just not putting it past Rodak to use that response, with no follow up, to create an additional article for click bait :lol:

EDIT: Granted, it's Stephen A. and Skip, and not Rodak, but here's the Click Bait title I expected: LeSean McCoy blasts Chip Kelly

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

@JaySkurski: Rex Ryan says LeSean McCoy's comments on Chip Kelly are best addressed with the player. The #Bills of course, say that won't happen today.

@mikerodak: Rex on McCoy: Anything thats brought up with a guy in his past, with a different team, is better addressed with him, not me."

@mikerodak: Rex: Id rather be honest. Were not always going to be 100 percent lined up as an organization. Id rather just be ourselves."

@SalSports: Rex says he won't put a muzzle on any of his players.

If Kelly has proven any prejudice to this point, he's a bit of an university-ist favoring his own kind of duck over others and he is guilty of anti-diva-ism.

That would be my take as well. Perhaps Chip doesn't like the braves questioning the chief.

(Doh! Yet another ethnic group whose sensibilities might be ruffled)

How about...sell magazines?

Sort of the same thing Sully and the Buck-ster do every day?

He's not smart enough to intentionally not ask questions so readers can let their imagination run more wild.

That would be my take as well. Perhaps Chip doesn't like the braves questioning the chief.

(Doh! Yet another ethnic group whose sensibilities might be ruffled)

That's really the gist IMO. But certain guys won't perceive it that way. They think it's amplified when the brave is black.

I think that Fred and Mario need to tell LeSean 2 things...

...#1 that he's officially crossed over into looking like a jilted lover who won't shut up about it, and...

...#2 they'll knock his block off if he thinks they're going to let him harpoon their first real shot at the playoffs by creating a distraction filled season talking about Chip.

This team needs to get real with this guy and tell him enough is enough. LeSean may have a valid point, but it's become embarrassing. I'm starting to wish they didn't trade for him if he's going to be this much of a constant diva.