Keep on sending your money for Tsunami relief

stevestojan

This belongs on PPP....but...

Well, looks like Mr. Bill O'Reilly was right by saying if stars and foundations are goign to raise money....they better be willing to see it all the way through to make sure it gets where its supposed to go.

Obviously, they aren't.

This belongs on PPP....but...

Well, looks like Mr. Bill O'Reilly was right by saying if stars and foundations are goign to raise money....they better be willing to see it all the way through to make sure it gets where its supposed to go.

Obviously, they aren't.

233331[/snapback]

What, do you want Spielberg to fly to Sri Lanka with a garbage bag full of cash?

Is anyone honestly surprised that a significant amount of aid is being siphoned off via systemic corruption?

233340[/snapback]

Surpised? No. Just make sure that when you send these people money, you add about 70% of what you were going to, so the rich over there get richer.

Yeah, I think I'll keep my checkbook in my pocket - or at least sending to US charities...

Surpised? No. Just make sure that when you send these people money, you add about 70% of what you were going to, so the rich over there get richer.

Yeah, I think I'll keep my checkbook in my pocket - or at least sending to US charities...

233347[/snapback]

You have to be choosy about your charities. My only donation went to Doctors Without Borders, as 1) I agree with their mission, 2) their track record with donations is pretty good w/r/t actually using the money for their mission rather than "administrative costs", and 3) since they provide a service, it's tough for the greedy, corrupt pieces of regional crap to siphon TOO much off.

But I sure as hell wouldn't give anything to any organization with even a loose affiliation with the UN, particularly after their gross mismanagement of the Iraqi "Oil For Our Trading Accounts" program.

Is anyone honestly surprised that a significant amount of aid is being siphoned off via systemic corruption?

233340[/snapback]

You would think we'd have learned our lessons after 9/11...particularly where concert benefits are concerned. Everyone wants to follow for the sake of good press, but noone wants to lead.