Bills are 18th in ESPN power rankings

haha i noticed that. almost set up a B/R account just to let them know, but it didnt seem worth the time.

funnier still is that the buffalo bills website reposted that mistake in one of their articles aggregating opinions on the bills from around the internet:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-theyre-saying-Grades-and-reviews-for-the-Bills-2015-draft-class/1e280db6-a154-4906-b95a-854c47008482

We're in denial about losing to the freaking Raiders.

It's all about the QB and I agree.

I wonder how closely it follows a QB Power Rankings list.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, put Tom Brady alone against our D. He should be able to beat them by himself, right?

That's a bit dramatic.

You put a top 10 QB on our team last year, we are in the afc championship game.

You put Rodgers on our team this year, we are super bowl favorites.

After finishing last year 17th. Wow, espn must think highly of Marrone and Orton.

@mikerodak: After finishing last season No. 17, the Bills dropped to No. 18 in our ESPN post-draft Power Rankings: http://t.co/mLnEpLitw0

Shows how silly these polls are. People who are voting probably weren't even aware of the original ratings from last year. No question that the Bills should be higher on the list, but it means nothing in the big picture. Just some writers opinions.

Shows how silly these polls are. People who are voting probably weren't even aware of the original ratings from last year. No question that the Bills should be higher on the list, but it means nothing in the big picture. Just some writers opinions.

This is good, I'd rather have the team feeling like they need to earn something than coming in at say 8th or wherever we deserve to be and thinking that they've already achieved something.

Their focus needs to be on "the next game" and the next game only each and every week. We need to come out strong to beat both the Pats and Indy early on. If we can do that then we're well on our way to 11-5+ and IMO a division championship.

Pretty fair. Keep in mind this is after the draft. The Bills didn't have a 1st or 4th round pick so I would imagine that if you take a quick snapshot after the draft when other teams had more selections it's possible that teams could hop over. It's all speculation. Let the pre-season play out before you take any "rankings" seriously and even then weeks 1-4 of the regular season will really start the process of getting a good snapshot of the season.

I will never understand the media's obsession/love for the Dolphins. They get picked every year to be the "best chance to knock off the Pats", or at least come in 2nd in the Division and earn a Wild Card, but their roster has been less than impressive, coaching staff questionable at best, and FO all over the place.

I just dont get it.

I will never understand the media's obsession/love for the Dolphins. They get picked every year to be the "best chance to knock off the Pats", or at least come in 2nd in the Division and earn a Wild Card, but their roster has been less than impressive, coaching staff questionable at best, and FO all over the place.

I just dont get it.

They are the only other team to win the AFC East this decade I suppose

To be honest, the only two teams ahead of us who I think should be below us are Miami and Carolina. The only reason Carolina is ahead of us is because they won a soft division last year.

I'd argue the only reason they are ahead is Cam Newton

NFL Vegas Rankings has us tied for 14th with Detroit and Houston. Behind:

1. Seattle

2. Green Bay

3. New England

4. Denver

5. Indy

6. Dallas

7. Baltimore, Philly, and Miami

10. Cincy and Arizona

12. Pittsburgh and KC

Vegas odds are the best representation of a power ranking. It's not just talking heads that clearly have favorites, the vegas odds are a combination of statistics and where people are putting their money. I highly doubt most "experts" put their money where their mouth is.