James Jones anyone?

James Jones had a pretty decent season with the Raiders last year. If Whaley still wants to add a vet receiver, we could do worse. Just seems to me, things are getting pretty crowded at that position.

James Jones had a pretty decent season with the Raiders last year. If Whaley still wants to add a vet receiver, we could do worse. Just seems to me, things are getting pretty crowded at that position.

it should be crowded in May

Jones was quietly decent last year.

The stats don't show it, but Carr looked to him quite often.

i think he has the veteran vibe which we really had none of last year in the WR group yet would be pretty cheap I'd imagine.

Whaley said awhile back that he wanted another vet WR. I'm not really worried about numbers right now and how many WRs they keep since anything can happen between now and Sept. including Injuries.

He's 31

@AP_NFL: Raiders to cut ties with James Jones, Miles Burris http://t.co/9dn39OU4QS

He wont come here...and Bills I doubt would want to go after him.

1. He would be 4th on the depth chart...I doubt he comes to a run first team, in the cold, with no proven QB to be the 4th WR.

2. Bills have a talented WR corps right now, they don't need him, money better spent bringing in someone like Spikes.

He wont come here...and Bills I doubt would want to go after him.

1. He would be 4th on the depth chart...I doubt he comes to a run first team, in the cold, with no proven QB to be the 4th WR.

2. Bills have a talented WR corps right now, they don't need him, money better spent bringing in someone like Spikes.

i know you don't think they need him, but Whaley said he wants to being in a vet WR so that was the point Edited by YoloinOhio

i know you don't think they need him, but Whaley said he wants to being in a vet WR so that was the point

I like him, so I am not against it. I just don't think they would spend the money on him over someone like Spikes. Just my 2 cents.

But again, I can't see someone like James who can still be a good contributor to a team, come to the Bills who are a run first team, play in the cold, have no proven QB, and would likely be the 4th WR and at best the 6th offensive passing option behind (in no particular order)

Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Clay, and McCoy. Not to mention Goodwin and Hogan have a strong case to see some playing time too at some point.

He would basically be signing on to catch 20 balls at best (barring injuries elevating him playing time). He can still be very much like what Boldin had been in SF at this point in his career...a significant contributor as the #2 WR somewhere.

If we sign him, great, I just don't see it as a real possibility.