Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

I wonder if Ragland has allayed enough concerns about him being just a two down LB given all of the emphasis on the passing game in the NFL. Personally, I think Lee would do well in a 3-4 scheme with a variety of roles as a pass rusher and cover guy on RBs and TEs.

Reggie is still a little heavy for me. No linebacker needs to be over 240 these days, the extra weight is just detrimental after a point. I've never been worried about him in coverage because he's so damn smart and instinctive. One of the true 'play speed' guys. I wouldn't have a 1st on him if I doubted his coverage skills. It's more about the guy you play inside with him, I'm still not sure I like a Brown/Ragland partnership.

Once you get past Myles Jack, there's no perfect guy in the LB class. You'll have to live with the flaws you're comfortable with and many would probably go for a guy like Lee because you can't teach athleticism. That might not be a bad way to approach it in all honesty.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McShay: Teams concerned about Nkemdiche

There are always going to be question marks for NFL clubs about draft prospects with character concerns or work ethic issues. Ole Miss DE Robert Nkemdiche is immensely talented, but for NFL teams he’s got perhaps the most concerns of any player in the draft class.

ESPN NFL draft analyst Todd McShay in talking to several NFL clubs says the concerns are real.

“I’ll be honest with you it’s hard to get someone to say something positive about Nkemdiche in the league,” McShay said. “Teams will react differently to the information that’s gathered, but I’ve talked to six or seven teams and he did not do himself any favors at the combine. There’s enough concern and ultimately it’s about trust.

Sounds like this kid is going to drop like a stone due the character concerns and inconsistent production.

@NFL_CFB

Mock draft 2.0 (via @CFD22) No. 1: #Titans: Ramsey No. 4: #Cowboys: Elliott FULL: http://bit.ly/1RKKzG9

CcpB5niXIAEg54O.jpg

Pick No. 19
BUF.png
Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville

@realfootballtv

There's a new No. 1 on @PatKirwanCBS' Top 32 big board for the #NFL #Draft: http://bit.ly/1OTk6Sj

When teams put their draft boards together, the ‘Big Board’ does not pay attention to team needs. It is based on football talent, with consideration for medical issues, position played, off the field issues and measurables. A final grade is the culmination of all areas (some weighed heavier than others), and it can change as more information is brought into the equation like pro days, team visits, and further film study. Sooner or later the ‘Big Board’ has to be constructed, so here is the latest 2016 version. Keep in mind ‘Big Boards’ are like finger prints no two the same.

@LedyardNFLDraft

2016 NFL Draft Wire Big Board: Post-Combine Edition http://wp.me/p72adI-1BJe

You’ll notice no quarterbacks until the 35th spot, as I simply don’t believe we have a passer worthy of a selection that high in 2016 (in a vacuum of course). It’ll happen regardless, because of positional value, but I don’t take that into account in these rankings. Of those top 35 spots, 20 belong to either an edge rusher or offensive/defensive lineman. That’s where the value in this draft can be found, in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Two players you won’t find in my top 100 are Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith and Mississippi defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche. The situation surrounding Smith’s injured knee is too cloudy for me to consider him a top 100 prospect, but if the report on his health changes, he’s a first round value.

@NFL_CFB

Mock draft 2.0 (via @CFD22) No. 1: #Titans: Ramsey No. 4: #Cowboys: Elliott FULL: http://bit.ly/1RKKzG9

CcpB5niXIAEg54O.jpg

Pick No. 19
BUF.png
Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville

@realfootballtv

There's a new No. 1 on @PatKirwanCBS' Top 32 big board for the #NFL #Draft: http://bit.ly/1OTk6Sj

Charles Davis is not a draft analyst I would put any stock in at all. His mock looks horrendous from top to bottom.

Charles Davis is not a draft analyst I would put any stock in at all. His mock looks horrendous from top to bottom.

You might not like his picks, but he does study the draft/prospects and has for many years.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Agreed on all counts.

I'm starting to think that they may try to move down from the 19 spot if someone wants a shot at the #1 RB or #3 OT; put themselves in a position to add another 3rd or 4th round pick and take a guy like Fackrell or Correa in the late 20's to play the edge. They can come back in round 2 and grab an ILB or a DL if they love one there.

I'm more or less in favor of waiting until at least round 2 to grab DL unless they're totally blown away by someone. There will be immediate contributors there...and as you know, I'm all about DJ Reader as a day 3 pick.

This is my hope. The draft is deep in a lot of the positions the Bills need. A trade down or even 2 would net some 2nd and 3rd round picks that could be very good players.

Trade Cin gets 19 and 174 overall, Buf gets 24 and 87. Bills would still likely have a crack at elite DL and LB talent while picking up an extra 3rd.

There are a lot of players grouped right where Buffalo is. I am really rooting for a trade down or 2 this year.

McShay: Teams concerned about Nkemdiche

Sounds like this kid is going to drop like a stone due the character concerns and inconsistent production.

@nfldraftscout

@NFL_CFB

.@Gil_Brandt identifies 11 pro days to keep a close eye on ahead of the 2016 #NFLDraft --> http://bit.ly/1QuExuh

CcqUoOaXEAEQqSX.jpg

With pro days getting underway, I've compiled a short primer of pro days to watch. This is by no means an exhaustive list (click here for a full calendar); but is merely a collection of pro days I'm interested in. Be sure to check NFL.com frequently, as we'll be updating pro-day results as they're completed, and tune into NFL Network for coverage.

Pro Days for March 4th: There will be many eyes on Noah Spence.

Alabama State
Arizona State
Eastern Kentucky
Kentucky
Nebraska
Troy

@nfldraftscout

Having met Noah Spence and his family, and done hours of research into his past, I have no fears about his past.

Mock Draft Watch 4.0

Following the NFL Combine at the end of February, offensive line and defense are the focus for the fourth edition of Mock Draft Watch, presented by M&T Bank. Learn more about the top prospects in the 2016 NFL Draft as national media predict where the Bills will go with their first round selection on April 28.

By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst - March 4, 2016

As the calendar changes from February to March, NFL teams switch their focus from the combine to the Pro Day circuit, which means an update to the top 50 draft board.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@NFLSpinZone

2016 NFL Mock Draft: Year After Trade, Eagles and Rams Draft a QB http://dlvr.it/KhGtgS

CctvYOxUkAEPaA6.jpg

19 Buffalo Bills

Darron Lee LB, Ohio State

Lee was one of the biggest winners of the NFL Combine so it won’t be a surprise if a team selects him before #19. In this case, Rex Ryan sprints up to the podium and personally drops off the card. He’s an athletic and versatile linebacker that can be moved all around the defense. Rex Ryan will be sure to move him around create some specific rush packages for Lee.

Mock Draft 1.0 pick – LB Darron Lee – Ohio State