Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

Projected early round picks Myles Jack, Kendall Fuller and Max Tuerk among the prospects whose knee injuries (and subsequent surgeries) will keep them sidelined for many of the athletic tests conducted during next week's Scouting Combine.

NFL scouts will be eager to find out the exact measurements of the prospects in Indianapolis, especially players like Cal's Jared Goff, Baylor's Corey Coleman and Florida's Vernon Hargreaves, who all have question marks about size.

An aspiring NFL quarterback and author, Hogan has agreed to provide weekly updates through the 2016 draft for CBS and NFLDraftScout.com readers interested in following his journey to the NFL.

@YahooNews

Top 10 red-flag players heading into NFL scouting combine http://yhoo.it/1Q1okMY

by @CharlesRobinson for @YahooSports

proxy.jpg?t=HBijAWh0dHA6Ly9sMy55aW1nLmNv

So goes the NFL's talent-sifting process, where team personnel departments and coaching staffs slide players up and down draft boards – or drop them off altogether. That plunge for information intensifies next week at the scouting combine, the league's annual gathering of prospects in Indianapolis. For some players, it will be the first time they sit face-to-face and take rapid-fire questions from executives. For others, it will be only the latest round of grilling and testing. And for almost all of them, it will be the first time teams get to poke, prod and peer into medical charts dating back to high school.

With those realities in mind, here's a list of 10 players who will face pressing questions when they arrive in Indianapolis …

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MoveTheSticks

I don't love mock drafts but they do start some interesting conversations. I prefer compiling my top 50. New update on Friday.

Not even in the 6th. I might end up being wrong but I have watched enough of him to hate his game. He has the physical skills and is a lousy QB.

He has definitely regressed, but I'd take a shot on him in the middle rounds or later with the hope that he'd grow into a good QB after proper development.

This year's combine could be the most interesting in recent memory with the pecking order at many positions -- including quarterback -- to be decided.
One-on-one meetings with NFL teams might be the most intense portion of the job interview process for prospects. And that's especially true for players like Ole Miss' Robert Nkemdiche, who will be asked the tough questions.

How NFL hopefuls prepare for the Combine
If you're a college athlete prepping to enter the NFL Draft, the NFL Combine is the biggest stage you will ever face. Here's a glimpse at the training process.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Arguably the most important function of the NFL Combine is for NFL teams to receive full medical reports on all 323 prospects in Indianapolis. And for players like Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith and several others, the feedback from the medical staff is vital to their draft projection.