Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Monos: "There's playmakers here" (12:56)

Bills Director of Player Personnel Jim Monos joined The John Murphy Show at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama. Monos discusses the talent pool in this year's NFL Draft and the process of scouting those players.

The defensive line prospects have been dominant during Senior Bowl practices this week, but on Thursday, the North offensive line fired back and showed some life.

@NFL_CFB

.@MovetheSticks: QB skipping the @SeniorBowl was "ill-advised." What else did we learn? http://bit.ly/20w2fJG

CZ1_yf7UcAAORvp.jpg

well it makes it easier for us to get him at 19

physically Wentz is superior in every way and he played in a pro-style offense. Inside the pocket Goff's movement is amazing and reminds me of Brady in that regard.

guess I'm getting old but what in the world do these mean:

"Minnesota CB Eric Murray continued to eat up stems"

", QB Jeff Driskell has the strongest arm of any QB here not named Carson Wentz. He is a developmental prospect but also very “toolsy”.

Josh Norris: Breaking Down the Senior Bowl Talent (19:16)
Rotoworld and NBC Sports Draft Analyst Josh Norris sat down on The John Murphy Show from the Reese’s Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama. Norris gives his thoughts on who stood out this week and the position groups that could be of interest to the Bills.

My Senior Bowl preview for @TheBillsMafia - http://buffalofambase.org/2016/01/29/2016-senior-bowl-preview/

I called my shot on a safety that is currently getting little to no attention.

I definitely remember when I was trying to scout Karl Joseph, and I kept getting drawn over to Dillon instead.

He's an active defender for sure; his run instincts worry me for a guy that has the look of a box safety/slot corner, but there's material to work with for sure.

I'm higher on Darian Thompson than I am on Dillon.

I definitely remember when I was trying to scout Karl Joseph, and I kept getting drawn over to Dillon instead.

He's an active defender for sure; his run instincts worry me for a guy that has the look of a box safety/slot corner, but there's material to work with for sure.

I'm higher on Darian Thompson than I am on Dillon.

I keep going back and forth on Darian. Couple of games where he looks like a top flight center fielder. Couple where he looks like just another guy. I need to do more digging but his best play is extremely enticing.

With Dillon, I'm willing to invest in versatility and athletic ability. Same with Tevin Carter from Utah that I mentioned in my Shrine Game piece. I think for the past couple of drafts, the safety group has been much of a muchness. It's forced me to hone in on specific traits that I want.

I want athletes like Dillon and I want ball skills like AJ Stamps possesses. When you find unicorns like Jalen Ramsey that have both and a lot more, it's easy. Once you're fishing through mid-late round guys, I buy what you can't really teach.

Four-round mock draft: Cowboys grab QB Wentz

The Cowboys' coaching staff worked with Carson Wentz at the Senior Bowl, and they are projected to select the fast-rising North Dakota State quarterback in Chad Reuter's four-round mock draft.

BUF.png

Darron Lee - LB, Ohio State

Darron Lee's potential is sky high. With Nigel Bradham a free agent and Manny Lawson on the other side of 30, it makes sense for the Ryan brothers to add another athletic linebacker into the mix.

49. Buffalo Bills: Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn

80. Buffalo Bills: Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina

114. Buffalo Bills: Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri