Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

It didn't take long for tempers to flare up in "the pit" during the initial practice of the 2016 Senior Bowl with projected first round pick Noah Spence being separated from Georgia tackle John Theus... The details of their-near fight and more notes from Tuesday's South Team practice.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a strong first day at the Senior Bowl for the Buckeyes with all five representatives from Ohio State standing out - especially pass-catchers Braxton Miller and Nick Vannett - who displayed the traits to prove more productive in the NFL than they ever were in Columbus.

i am sure the scouts don't put a lot of stock into their college pass catching stats. They had too many offensive weapons, spread the ball around evenly, and only average about 20 pass attempts a game. They almost never throw to the TE. Miller spent the year learning a new position. It's all about traits. They both have them in spades, as does Michael Thomas. A more telling stat with the receivers coming out of this offense is drop rate. If/when we do throw you the ball, what happens? Thomas has only a 6.3% drop rate.

45 rec and 3 drops at 5+ yds downfield.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I listened to John nuephy's podcast. He is very high on Dak Prescott from practice yesterday. I always wonder how much of his opinion that he shares on air coincides with the team's. Also, he mentioned the Bills like that big corner from the small school. Name escapes me but I'll find it.

I listened to John nuephy's podcast. He is very high on Dak Prescott from practice yesterday. I always wonder how much of his opinion that he shares on air coincides with the team's. Also, he mentioned the Bills like that big corner from the small school. Name escapes me but I'll find it.

James Bradberry from Samford?

It was a strong first day at the Senior Bowl for the Buckeyes with all five representatives from Ohio State standing out - especially pass-catchers Braxton Miller and Nick Vannett - who displayed the traits to prove more productive in the NFL than they ever were in Columbus.

This doesn't surprise me. That team had SO much talent. They really didn't put it all together until the Michigan game. Decker is really the only guy that I am not as high on as others.

IM(H)O they weren't given the opportunity to put it together. Meyer's scheme won out over getting the most from his team offensively. I have zero doubt that if Herman was still in Columbus that team would have steamrolled through the season. (But I digress)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

IM(H)O they weren't given the opportunity to put it together. Meyer's scheme won out over getting the most from his team offensively. I have zero doubt that if Herman was still in Columbus that team would have steamrolled through the season. (But I digress)

1000000% agree

Not to continue with this digression but I cannot believe that LSU didn't let Miles go and offer Herman an open checkbook. He is the next big thing.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

absolutely. But, Herman is HC material and we were lucky to have him when we did.

1000000% agree

Not to continue with this digression but I cannot believe that LSU didn't let Miles go and offer Herman an open checkbook. He is the next big thing.

yes he is Edited by YoloinOhio