Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisTrapasso

My 2016 NFL Draft Top 50

2016 NFL Draft Big Board (updated 4/8/16)
  1. Jalen Ramsey, CB / S, Florida State
  2. Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
  3. Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
  4. Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
  5. Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
  6. Laremy Tunsil, LT, Ole Miss
  7. Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
  8. William Jackson III, CB, Houston
  9. Cody Whitehair, OT / OG, Kansas State
  10. Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
  11. Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
  12. Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
  13. DeForest Buckner, DT, Oregon
  14. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
  15. Germain Ifedi, OT / OG, Texas A&M
  16. Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina State
  17. Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
  18. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
  19. Darian Thompson, S, Boise State
  20. Nick Martin, C. Notre Dame

Well...Where to start...

It's really more about the strategy for me than it is the actual players...I really dislike the idea of going LB, S at the top of this particular Draft for the Bills...I feel like this is one of the best D-line Drafts we've seen...The Bills are a couple players short along the D-line...They need an infusion of talent and youth there...And the top 75 or so in this Draft is REALLY deep in Defensive line talent...I think if the Bills get the right two players to add to a rotation that already includes Dareus, KW, Bryant, and Hughes they can bring this Defense back big time...I also think there is plenty of mid-to-late-round talent at LB and Safety in this Draft to fill in the holes...

I'm not a big fan of taking a smallish LB in the 1st round when there is this much D-Line talent in the Draft...I'm of the mind that LB's can be had later...If the Bills were to take Lee over D-linemen like Dodd or Lawson I would be less than thrilled...I'm not crazy about Lee's size...And while I can see him as a nice match-up option for TE's I wonder if he'll hold up vs the run...

Joseph is a good player...But a smaller Safety in the 2nd Round coming off a knee injury does not get me too excited...

Hargrave and Ward are good long range prospects...But you don't need them if you take better, more talented, D-linemen in the 1st and 2nd rounds...

I do like the Cardale Jones Pick... B-)

This might be the best answer I saw on here in some time :thumbsup:

@PatKirwanCBS

2Round FanMock Results: http://bit.ly/1MQIn00

@BuffaloBills Round1: Sheldon Rankins @UofLFootball Round2: Braxton Miller @OhioStAthletics

Not bad !

@NFL_CFB

Charley Casserly mock 1.0: 8. #Dolphins: RB Elliott 13. #Eagles: OT Conklin FULL: http://on.nfl.com/1VEQwr3

Pick No. 19
BUF.png
Noah Spence DE Eastern Kentucky
Rex Ryan's defense needs a pass-rushing OLB. Might be tempted to trade up for a QB.

What ?

Noah Spence is a logical pick

at 19?

@PFWeekly

So what exactly are the #Browns doing? http://shawurl.com/2imz

CfidmRtWIAEU6os.jpg

Clear as mud to me.

but who knows, maybe have a plan and could stick to it for more than two seasons

@PFWeekly

Check out @Hub_Arkush's Mock Draft 2.0 here: http://shawurl.com/hubmockdraft

Cfidut5WsAAkchw.jpg
19 Noah Spence EDGE Eastern Kentucky
Rex just can't resist one of the highest ceilings in the draft for Mario Williams' spot

Here we go.

He better have his luggage packed more tightly if he is coming to the Bills. No headcase please

" highest ceiling" Thats some darn good fish bait keep me thinking about biting at 19.

trying not to have a favorite this year.

and he just might be the Bills pick.

Edited by 3rdand12

ESPN: Draft moves for all 32 NFL teams
Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl of Scouts Inc. take a team-by-team look at three NFL draft prospects who make sense for each NFL franchise.

Buffalo Bills: Buffalo runs a run-heavy offense by today's standards, but GM Doug Whaley should look to improve a passing game that finished 28th in the league last season. Read morein.gif

Laquon Treadwell, Kenny Clark, and Stephen Weatherly for your Bills.

ESPN: Draft moves for all 32 NFL teams

Buffalo Bills: Buffalo runs a run-heavy offense by today's standards, but GM Doug Whaley should look to improve a passing game that finished 28th in the league last season. Read morein.gif

Laquon Treadwell, Kenny Clark, and Stephen Weatherly for your Bills.

I still don't hate the idea of Treadwell at 19. It's not my preferred pick by any means, but the thought of him joining this group of skill players is pretty enticing.

I still don't hate the idea of Treadwell at 19. It's not my preferred pick by any means, but the thought of him joining this group of skill players is pretty enticing.

You win most by scoring and you score most by passing. A WR like Treadwell or Doctson would certainly help in that regard.

Bills were 12th in scoring last year. Not bad, but being in the top ten would improve their playoff chances.

On the other hand, their #2 WR simply won't see a lot of targets in this offense. It's a little hard to justify a WR at 19 for that reason. If he's just going to be a role player, a guy like Wilson in the 4th makes more sense.