Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

@SalSports

There are plenty of defensive players the Bills might select at 19. Here are four possibilities and how they fit: http://www.wgr550.com/Four-defensive-players-who-could-fit-the-Bills-at-/22617551

Andrew Billings, NT, Baylor

Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State

Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

Noah Spence, DE/Edge Rusher, Eastern Kentucky

I like Ragland the most out of that group because I'm almost 100% confident he'll fit the multiple defense, work hard, and be a leader. They can't go wrong with that pick, IMO.

I like Andrew Billings just as much, but if he's going to play NT, I'd want him to put on another 15 pounds. He compared himself to Vince Wilfork, but also said he'd rather be in a 4-3 because he wants favorable match-ups and to be able to get into the backfield. He doesn't want to just be a space-eater. I'm not sure he'd play up to his potential in this defense.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NFL_CFB

Mock draft 5.0 (via @MovetheSticks) 1. Titans: Tunsil 2. Browns: Wentz 15. Rams: Goff FULL: http://on.nfl.com/1UCxByw

CezwKHQWsAAB9OK.jpg

Pick No. 19
BUF.png
Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville
Rankins is very disruptive and the Bills need some youth up front.

@walterfootball

More Pro Day Results from @TonyPauline posted - http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

NFL Mock Draft 5.0: Rams trade up with Bucs to get a QB at No. 9

By Will Brinson | CSB Sports NFL Writer

The Rams need a QB, but picking 15th likely takes them out of range of Jared Goff. The solution? A big trade up to snag a Cali-raised QB for a fresh start in LA.

BUF.png19. Buffalo Bills

Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Ole Miss: He's a top-five talent who falls here because of production and off-field concerns. He's just looking for a coach who is willing to buy in and try to fix him.

@NFL_CFB

"I know what a Steeler looks like. He’s a Steeler." @Ike_SwagginU Mock Draft 1.0: http://on.nfl.com/1RpgSf6

Ceu4uacWIAARA1G.jpg

Pick 19
BUF.png
Jaylon Smith OLB Notre Dame
Smith is a typical old-school ’backer, just how Rex Ryan likes them. His injury makes him available here but maybe not to the Bills for another year.

absolutely not

NFL Mock Draft 5.0: Rams trade up with Bucs to get a QB at No. 9

BUF.png19. Buffalo Bills

Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Ole Miss: He's a top-five talent who falls here because of production and off-field concerns. He's just looking for a coach who is willing to buy in and try to fix him.

Why do pundits keep thinking Ryan can fix the kid?

don't answer this. Kinda scares me honestly to consider he might.

Bills need to nail the pick at 19. Nail It !

No team will take him in round 1.

And when would you?

I do get that the kid could be an all pro. But Bills are not in a position this year to take any risk in the first 3 rounds.

Not this year.

Maybe i get stuck on Clowney and thats just unfair.

Impact players and starters are needed. Gotta hit on two and hope for 3

Yep.

If you're gonna gamble on someone, Nkemdiche is your guy, but the Bills shouldn't gamble like that.

Let the Broncos take him.

And when would you?

I do get that the kid could be an all pro. But Bills are not in a position this year to take any risk in the first 3 rounds.

Not this year.

Maybe i get stuck on Clowney and thats just unfair.

Impact players and starters are needed. Gotta hit on two and hope for 3

Lotsa talent there....kid is a beast.

Its not the way I would go.

To clarify, If Mario had a decent year last year, he was still here and the defense looked reasonable i would consider going for it.

But with the change over to Rex's multiple AND the holes to fill and run the new Defense.

Bills need plug and play, solid guys. LBs and D line. gotta hit one of each

Not a year for luxuries.

Yep.

If you're gonna gamble on someone, Nkemdiche is your guy, but the Bills shouldn't gamble like that.

Let the Broncos take him.

And if he works out, Elway will be a genius !

@SalSports

There are plenty of defensive players the Bills might select at 19. Here are four possibilities and how they fit: http://www.wgr550.com/Four-defensive-players-who-could-fit-the-Bills-at-/22617551

Andrew Billings, NT, Baylor

Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State

Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

Noah Spence, DE/Edge Rusher, Eastern Kentucky

This many options at 19 is exactly why I feel the best route is a trade down. There are so many guys right around the 19 range that could be fits for the Bills that a trade to 24 or so should still leave a desirable player.

@DonBanks

4 weeks and a day from the draft, I've got 4 QBs going in my first mock draft. Okay, you jackals, rip it to shreds:

Noah Spence​
DE, Eastern Kentucky

Some teams won’t consider a risk-reward prospect like Spence in the first round, with his character red flags—two drug-related suspensions at Ohio State—making him an iffy proposition. But the Bills and Rex Ryan have shown they’re willing to take chances if the talent is special enough, and Spence has first-round pass-rushing ability. Buffalo needs more burst off the edge if it’s ever going to chase down New England in the AFC East. For similar reasons, Mississippi defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche is likely on the Bills’ radar screen as well.

@PFWeekly

More activities planned for fans at this year's NFL Draft: http://shawurl.com/2i0v

Ce0xYvzWsAQfjsS.jpg
UT might be home to draft's strongest prospect
A Tennessee DL recorded more bench-press reps at his pro day than anyone managed at the combine last month. See more on that and other things we learned from Wednesday's workouts.

Tennessee: Im(press)ive showing

Big draw: LB Curt Maggitt
Don't forget: WR Marquez North

Miami: 'Worst conditions ever' for pro day

Big draw: CB Artie Burns
Don't forget: DB Deon Bush

South Carolina: Scouts get to see 40 from Cooper

Big draw: WR Pharoh Cooper
Don't forget: TE Jerell Adams

South Carolina State: Steelers meet with Hargrave

Big draw: DL Javon Hargrave
Don't forget: TE Temarrick Hemingway

Also in action on Wednesday: Maryland, SMU, Southern Utah.

On deck for Thursday: Appalachian State, Boise State, Florida Atlantic, Florida Tech, Middle Tennessee State, Notre Dame, TCU, The Citadel, UTEP, Washington, Yale.

@NFL_CFB

.@NDFootball, @TCUFootball, @BroncoSportsFB among schools holding pro days Thursday Pro-day schedule, results --> https://t.co/g2iE18B89i

March 31
Appalachian State
Boise State
Florida Atlantic
Florida Tech
Middle Tennessee
Notre Dame
TCU
The Citadel
UTEP
Washington
Yale

March 30
Maryland
Miami (Fla.): Brandt: Official results
SMU: Brandt: Official results
South Carolina
South Carolina State
Southern Utah
Tennessee

Big Board: The silly season

Rob Rang: Saturated footballs? Attempts to freeze kickers? The pro day slate is truly the NFL Draft's silly season, and the prospects' performances didn't impact much.

Some characterize the start of NFL free agency as the "silly season" because of the millions of dollars thrown at players, some of whom are barely proven as legitimate pros.

The pro day circuit could fit the same description, but for reasons of overanalysis of simple on-campus workouts, including the watered down footballs top-rated quarterbacks Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were asked to throw recently by Browns offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton. Or consider Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin's interruption and attempt to freeze top-rated placekicker Robert Aguayo's workout at Florida State on March 29. The now-infamous decision by then-Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel to conduct his pro day workout with shoulder pads and a helmet two years ago looks like just another sideshow antic given the way his NFL career has careened of course since.

Pro day workouts are designed to help scouts check boxes, making sure athletes are as gifted as they appeared on tape. And that's where the Big Board comes in. Sure, these workouts influence the rankings, but only slightly.

The Big Board isn't just another mock draft. No attention is paid to team needs or upcoming free agency. This is my personal ranking of the top 50 prospects available in the 2016 NFL Draft.

@DraftCampbell

Updated 2016 Big Board. Carson Wentz climbing in the top 10. Top 5 Tunsil, Jack, Buckner, Hargreaves, & Elliott. http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016bigboard.php