Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

We need to be looking at offensive linemen.....not quarterbacks.

JMO but it's really early. I said before the season started that unless TT or EJ led us to the playoffs and looked good doing it, the Bills should take the best QB they can get in the 1st rd. I'm sticking to that. It's a decent year for QBs in quality and quantity and there should be one available. They have gone too long without one to not pull the trigger unless they know they have a playoff caliber QB.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JMO but it's really early. I said before the season started that unless TT or EJ led us to the playoffs and looked good doing it, the Bills should take the best QB they can get in the 1st rd. I'm sticking to that. It's a decent year for QBs in quality and quantity and there should be one available. They have gone too long without one to not pull the trigger unless they know they have a playoff caliber QB.

Whaley has talked about his search for qbs in the draft. He stated that the challenge he is encountering is that elite prospects such as Winston and Mariota are usually taken at near the top of the draft. He expects the Bills to be drafting from the second half of the draft where the odds for finding a good prospect diminish.

EJ was taken in the middle of the first round. In my opinion the organization reached in selecting him. From what I have seen from TT I am very encouraged about his prospects. If TT stumbles and it is apparent that he is not the long-term answer then we are in the standard bind of not drafting high enough to get the quality of prospect that we need for a solution for that critical position.

From the clips I have seen of Goff he will be drafted near the top of the draft. Will Connonr Cook slide or will Hackenberg be a better pro prospect than he is an actual college player?

The new GM of the Redskins has stated that his approach to building a roster is to not reach in the draft for a qb but instead build your roster up and then when you find a qb from the draft or free agency that qb is in a better position to succeed.

If the Bills can bulk up the OL the qb, possibly TT, is more likely to have success. From where the Bills are expected to draft this year we will be in good position to add talent to that unit with their top two draft picks.

‏@NFL_CFB

Mora reveals Myles Jack will apply for '16 draft entry, says Jack's decision is "very risky." http://bit.ly/1LvLoCY

CQpaHoyU8AAwUYy.jpg

why is "very risky" in quotes? He never says "very risky" in the interview. Typical...

He does say there's a always a little risk, but he thinks he'll be drafted high.

Not going to matter unless you're willing to give up the farm for Goff...he's my front-runner to go No. 1 overall.

Good news that Goff is stealing the spotlight, I think.

Connor Cook falling to us would be a nice situation.

The new GM of the Redskins has stated that his approach to building a roster is to not reach in the draft for a qb but instead build your roster up and then when you find a qb from the draft or free agency that qb is in a better position to succeed.

That makes perfect sense....but the Redskins?....ew

hat makes perfect sense....but the Redskins?....ew

He has been associated with the Seahawks and 49ers and did well in each location. He had drinking problems that set him back. So far he has the authority to make the football decisions with the organization. If given time and authority he should do well---assuming that he can control his addiction issues and his troublesome wife.

Just hope the Jets win just enough games to not make the playoffs but not pick in top 3. Keep him out of the division. Chicago would be a good place for him!

I think the Jets are going to win between 7 and 9 games this year, so I'm not worried about a high pick for them. The Dolphins on the other hand....

No we need to keep up the search for QB's Taylor is improvement but we can still get better... over 15 years of mediocre to subpar play at the QB position.. We better be taking a QB and keep taking QB's till we find one that can dominate consistently

No we need to keep up the search for QB's Taylor is improvement but we can still get better... over 15 years of mediocre to subpar play at the QB position.. We better be taking a QB and keep taking QB's till we find one that can dominate consistently

I agree a bit with both of you. I think Tyrod has bought us the ability to pick our shots when it comes to drafting a QB instead of needing to reach on a prospect and overdraft. I would imagine this upcoming draft will have a focus on OL/BPA but they will keep their eyes on QB's they like in case any start to fall that they feel has good value.

Lets keep our eyes on oline- namely tackles and center. Max Tuerk, Dan Voltz, and NIck Martin are a few centers to keep an eye on. Jack Conklin, Taylor Decker, John Ifedi are a few tackles that might be available at pick 31

Lets keep our eyes on oline- namely tackles and center. Max Tuerk, Dan Voltz, and NIck Martin are a few centers to keep an eye on. Jack Conklin, Taylor Decker, John Ifedi are a few tackles that might be available at pick 31

I feel really good about the tackle class...probably as good as I've felt about the college OT group mid-season since 2012 or 2014.

I would still be targeting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round, but I agree that OL should be the other 1st/2nd round pick. I also think LB needs to be a priority.

Shoot, this team really, really needs either Henderson or Kouandjio to step up and claim that RT job. It would make things a lot easier, as the only guy that appears to be a lock to be in the starting lineup next season is Miller at RG; Glenn and Incognito are unrestricted, Wood is aging and expensive, and Henderson hasn't distinguished himself.

I feel really good about the tackle class...probably as good as I've felt about the college OT group mid-season since 2012 or 2014.

I would still be targeting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round, but I agree that OL should be the other 1st/2nd round pick. I also think LB needs to be a priority.

Shoot, this team really, really needs either Henderson or Kouandjio to step up and claim that RT job. It would make things a lot easier, as the only guy that appears to be a lock to be in the starting lineup next season is Miller at RG; Glenn and Incognito are unrestricted, Wood is aging and expensive, and Henderson hasn't distinguished himself.

Henderson has been overwhelmed quite a bit. But I consider him to be a better prospect than Kujo because he is more athletic. Kujo has slow feet and isn't quick enough to handle quick DEs. The one area that I consider Whaley to have faltered is in putting together a quality OL. That unit needs to be a priority in next year's draft and free agency market.