LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

i think declaring occums razor to say that he paid someone to kill the kid is not a fair assessment.

is it possible? yea. is it possible that the girl was involved in any number of things and new orleans/baton rouge are easy cities to fall in with the wrong crowd? yea. not knowing what happened im not going to point fingers at him, or smear the girl.

that we are over a week into this, and hes met with the police and answered everything, and hes taken a polygraph test on his own last week all look to be good signs for him. we dont even know the kid was his, so im not sure that "the kid was his, and he murdered her 8 months after he found out during the week of the draft" is the easiest explanation.

Fair enough, the part that bothers me the most is that she was shot in the torso. If you're trying to murder someone and you're going to shot them up close, then aiming for the head or heart would seem to be the way it would be done.

Again, I hope he is innocent, but I would proceed really cautiously.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think if Collins hired a street thug with the promise of future money he's in jeopardy of not seeing he'd be hanging out around home, publicly meeting with the police, publicly meeting with the Bills at a restaurant?

This is a ridiculous rabbit hole. There's guys in the NFL paying child support to 10+ children with 4+ different women. He's not murdering this girl over that.

No I don't think that - can you read? Haha...I said I DONT think he's involved in any way, I was just commenting that in the hood, one could find someone to murder someone for "cheap" - especially if said hired killers were "his boys" who run the streets

Fair enough, the part that bothers me the most is that she was shot in the torso. If you're trying to murder someone and you're going to shot them up close, then aiming for the head or heart would seem to be the way it would be done.

Again, I hope he is innocent, but I would proceed really cautiously.

there's no caution. you either aggressively pursue him or you don't. Once you decided to pursue caution is out the window

Undrafted FA can only get a limited amount for their contracts, similar to a mid round draft pick, so money won't be a factor.

there is a loophole in the UDFA rules that will open up the pocket books more so

I remain puzzled why no team used a 7th round pick on him. Super low risk, high reward.

Totally agree. I mean I know why, they didn't want to deal with the P.R mess, but geez! If he ends up being innocent and having a solid career, there will be a lot of second guessing from fans across the league.

I believe that he has been with the same girl since high school (so this one was a side piece). That is nothing new though and I am not positive but that is what I have been told. I will try to get some more background into Collins. There are some people that I know that are pretty plugged in with that program down here. I will ask around.

Totally agree. I mean I know why, they didn't want to deal with the P.R mess, but geez! If he ends up being innocent and having a solid career, there will be a lot of second guessing from fans across the league.

He says that he wouldn't have signed and re entered next year.

I believe that he has been with the same girl since high school (so this one was a side piece). That is nothing new though and I am not positive but that is what I have been told. I will try to get some more background into Collins. There are some people that I know that are pretty plugged in with that program down here. I will ask around.

He says that he wouldn't have signed and re entered next year.

Ah! Well that makes a whole hell of a lot more sense. Thanks

Ah! Well that makes a whole hell of a lot more sense. Thanks

No problem, it wasn't explained very well during the process. Basically, if he was drafted he could refuse to sign and go back in next year. If he went undrafted he is not eligible to enter the 2016 draft. He has to sign an UDFA contract or go to Canada.

Him and his agent said they would not sign a contract if drafted in the 3rd round or lower and would simply re enter the draft next year.. That's why

No I don't think that - can you read? Haha...I said I DONT think he's involved in any way, I was just commenting that in the hood, one could find someone to murder someone for "cheap" - especially if said hired killers were "his boys" who run the streets

I can read quite well actually, there's just a logical fallacy in your argument about finding a killer around the corner and that's the type of guys who do that aren't talking to the police. You seem to be getting pretty fired up there, maybe it's time to sit a few plays out champ.

I hate to throw cold water on this whole thing, but I think the Bills, and every other team, need to proceed slowly and with extreme caution.

The facts, as I understand them, are that the girl becomes pregnant and tells Collins that the baby might be his. He ends contact with her. Then, just days before he is set to get drafted in the 1st Rd and become an overnight multimillionaire, she answers a knock on her front door and is shot multiple times in the torso.

She dies and later the baby dies also. Collins has an alibi that he is an hour away at a Pelicans NBA game.Does not mean that he didn't pay to have her shot.

Now Occum's Razor would suggest that the guy that would have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support each year for 21 years is the most likely suspect for a murder that surely seems to have targeted the unborn child. It seems quite possible that Collins is the new Rae Carruth.

Now, I hope he is innocent and the police completely put him in the clear, but until that happens I can't let myself start to dream on how he may solidify our line.

Agree or disagree?

When investigating the death of a young woman (with no obvious suspect), current and former intimate partners are always the beginning point when looking at potential suspects. Even if it is highly unlikely that they are involved, all investigative steps possible have to be taken to either rule them in, or rule them out, as logical suspects. In the case of Collns, from an investigative perspective, he clearly would be a logical suspect and almost impossible to completely rule out as having some involvement until the actual arrest and conviction of someone else.

However, being a logical suspect or not having been "completely" ruled out as a suspect is not the same as actually having been involved. At this point, Collins is entitled to go on with his life as he would have done. If any evidence is developed that involves him in any way with the murder, then it becomes a different set of circumstances.

Until then, he deserves to be viewed by prospective employers as not having any involvement.

When investigating the death of a young woman (with no obvious suspect), current and former intimate partners are always the beginning point when looking at potential suspects. Even if it is highly unlikely that they are involved, all investigative steps possible have to be taken to either rule them in, or rule them out, as logical suspects. In the case of Collns, from an investigative perspective, he clearly would be a logical suspect and almost impossible to completely rule out as having some involvement until the actual arrest and conviction of someone else.

However, being a logical suspect or not having been "completely" ruled out as a suspect is not the same as actually having been involved. At this point, Collins is entitled to go on with his life as he would have done. If any evidence is developed that involves him in any way with the murder, then it becomes a different set of circumstances.

Until then, he deserves to be viewed by prospective employers as not having any involvement.

Not just that, but it's not uncommon for people close to the victim to be interviewed simply for background. Who did they victim know, what did they do, was there anything shady they might have been connected to directly or indirectly? That sort of thing.

They're investigated because they have the highest probability of being involved.

I can read quite well actually, there's just a logical fallacy in your argument about finding a killer around the corner and that's the type of guys who do that aren't talking to the police. You seem to be getting pretty fired up there, maybe it's time to sit a few plays out champ.

Perhaps I was not clear

I'm operating under the premise that he is in no way involved and a victim of circumstance - so he would obviously go and talk to police and help out because he is innocent

BUT if he was guilty of hiring someone to kill this chick, he wouldn't need to have a lot of up front cash because in the streets you can get that kinda job done without the upfront cash because he's going to make big money in the NFL and street thugs or even his friends would do it with the idea of getting a chunk of future cash...

Was I more clear there? It truly is a moot point because the kid is innocent and hopefully a soon to be buffalo bill!

Perhaps I was not clear

I'm operating under the premise that he is in no way involved and a victim of circumstance - so he would obviously go and talk to police and help out because he is innocent

BUT if he was guilty of hiring someone to kill this chick, he wouldn't need to have a lot of up front cash because in the streets you can get that kinda job done without the upfront cash because he's going to make big money in the NFL and street thugs or even his friends would do it with the idea of getting a chunk of future cash...

Was I more clear there? It truly is a moot point because the kid is innocent and hopefully a soon to be buffalo bill!

Again, that'd be so dumb, though... it'd be a major loose end for him, one that could bite him in the ass as soon as said hired hand gets a little greedy.

But, maybe Collins isn't known for being smart, what do I know.