Won a Kindle Fire Tablet today

Saxum

We went to a local Asian festival and signed up for the entry drawing. Told my wife was not expecting anything other than a call from sponsor Wyndham Resorts trying to invite us to and we could honestly say no interest since already owner. No one else seemed to be signing up for entry drawing but I told her it was helping to sign up for drawing since it helps prove to sponsors there is interest in festival even if we had no interest in this sponsor. I was still surprised to get call saying we won.

We just bought two android tablets on sale at Christmas, one is my daughter's and other one we have not even used yet; maybe I will take this one and my wife use one bought at Christmas. Not really into all of this new technology.

It's nice that you won a Kindle at the Asian festival...just don't be upset if the menu items all look like this:

中文输入

Will not be upset at all; will save me from changing settings so my wife can use.

I once won a free night at hotel because when it came time to do the drawing, the hotel simply picked the last three business cards dropped in the bowl, rather than dig down and mix them up.

My wife and I went to a big event at a local jeweler to pick out our wedding rings. They had a bunch of wedding related giveaways and the top prize was $1000 off of your purchase. Only people who bought that day were entered. They said they would draw the winner the next day and let them know immediately. 2-3 months later they called to tell us we won. I've always been under the assumption that the actual winners broke up and had to cancel their purchase, because I can't think of any other reason why it took so long to find out.

My wife and I went to a big event at a local jeweler to pick out our wedding rings. They had a bunch of wedding related giveaways and the top prize was $1000 off of your purchase. Only people who bought that day were entered. They said they would draw the winner the next day and let them know immediately. 2-3 months later they called to tell us we won. I've always been under the assumption that the actual winners broke up and had to cancel their purchase, because I can't think of any other reason why it took so long to find out.

That makes sense. You're canceling us, we're taking back our prize.