Serious About Drafting Bryce Petty?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't sound like a guy who like the Bills' current QB situation much at all:

“There’s not anybody who knows how it’s going to shake out. So I think it’s going to be interesting,” Ryan said, via the team’s website. “The great thing is we’re going to give them a platform that will showcase what they can all do, and let’s see what happens. I feel good about the three guys. Is it a perfect situation? No, I’m not saying it is. But we have three guys, who in my opinion could be NFL quarterbacks. And we’ll see about the options as it goes forward. I think by the time we end it there will be a clear number one guy—that’s in an ideal world.”

Did you get that quote from an article or see/listen to the whole press conference?

The FO is probably bored this week waiting for the draft as their board as been set for awhile and you can only go through so many drills. Why not try to manipulate your draft position by leaking misinformation, fly around in the jet and have a nice dinner in Dallas?

Take it for what it's worth:

Kevin Massare retweeted

@JoeBuscaglia @KevinMassare @MichaelThomas82 Bills inside source told me its a smokescreen as they want Hundley. You heard it here first!

He's usually reliable.

gross. BTW Massare himself wants Hundley and keeps tweeting about it. If the Bills do, I hope its late. But would explain Whaley at those UCLA games last fall. And he "fits" Roman's offense.

Oh and remember this... :censored: it's happening. What # will Hundley wear? 3? :cry:

Mike Rodak @mikerodak Apr 21

Doug Whaley doesn’t seem high on Brett Hundley: http://es.pn/1JqOQsR

Edited by YoloinOhio

Kevin Massare retweeted

@JoeBuscaglia @KevinMassare @MichaelThomas82 Bills inside source told me its a smokescreen as they want Hundley. You heard it here first!

He's usually reliable.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/brett-hundley?id=2552588

His scouting report is almost identical to EJ's. Almost to a tee.

I have no problem with a 4th or later but none of these QBs should ever see the field this year.

Kevin Massare retweeted

He's usually reliable.

Yuck, I am not a Hundley fan. He is the same guy as EJ to me with the same question marks. I guess that it makes sense as he was the guy that they conveniently left out of their 2nd tier.

I am all for finding your QB but you cannot force it if it doesn't exist. Wait until next year and try again. Play this year with the 3 that you have.

gross. BTW Massare himself wants Hundley and keeps tweeting about it. If the Bills do, I hope its late. But would explain Whaley at those UCLA games last fall. And he "fits" Roman's offense.

Hundley seemed really dumb in the Gruden QB Camp show. I know it was only one show and shouldn't be used as an indicator of his intelligence, he just seemed dumb. Like how he laughed at every affirmative question Gruden asked. Maybe he was just uncomfortable.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Yuck, I am not a Hundley fan. He is the same guy as EJ to me with the same question marks. I guess that it makes sense as he was the guy that they conveniently left out of their 2nd tier.

I am all for finding your QB but you cannot force it if it doesn't exist. Wait until next year and try again. Play this year with the 3 that you have.

This. Unless they take him in the 5th and he replaces Tuel. But he is being mocked much higher than that.

Edited by YoloinOhio

from the nfl.com draft profile:

"Someone will draft him, but I don't think he will ever be a starter. He can't read coverages and struggles to process. It is going to take a few years before he looks like a backup in my opinion. He has a long way to go." -- AFC area scout

Oh no, I hope he's wrong and he's being fed a smokescreen.

OK I looked up the tweet and the guy has 18 followers. FWIW. Massare RTd it probably because he had been saying he thinks Hundley is a good pick/fit (but to my knowledge has never said he has a source saying they want him). Not saying it isn't legit because of the 18 followers, just saying Massare isn't the one with the source.

I guess my fear lies in the obvious comments by Whaley on media day about Hundley not being ready, his presence at the UCLA games, and the Petty smokescreen. Plus Rex Roman loving the mobility/athleticism as he is a lot like TT and EJ.

OK I looked up the tweet and the guy has 18 followers. FWIW. Massare RTd it probably because he had been saying he thinks Hundley is a good pick/fit (but to my knowledge has never said he has a source saying they want him). Not saying it isn't legit because of the 18 followers, just saying Massare isn't the one with the source.

I guess my fear lies in the obvious comments by Whaley on media day about Hundley not being ready, his presence at the UCLA games, and the Petty smokescreen. Plus Rex Roman loving the mobility/athleticism as he is a lot like TT and EJ.

Yea and the interview on WGR he didn't even put Hundley in the 2nd tier of QB's, when he was listing them, he said he needed the most work. Smokescreen?

Yea and the interview on WGR he didn't even put Hundley in the 2nd tier of QB's, when he was listing them, he said he needed the most work. Smokescreen?

maybe they have him as a developmental qb to replace tuel if he falls to sunday, and have simply been very honest.