If the Bills had the #6 pick

Beerball

I don't think we quite have the situation that the Jets do. The Jets are packaging a young solid DT and a high pick because they have another young promising DT already on their roster. We couldn't package Dareus without compromising our D and Kyle Williams isn't worth quite what Mo Wilkerson is because of his age. JMO

what do you think the likelihood is that they'd do what the nyj will likely do and put together a package to move up for one of the QBs?

i would put it at better than 50/50

whaley is in win now mode to save his job. he already proved he would move up to get the player he likes.

this years #6, dareus and next years #1 is a steep price.....but the QB position is just too important not to try.

Edited by papazoid

I would hope the Bills would move back. For me I think Mariota will be a bust and would not want the Bills to move up at all.

The best part of this is if he goes to the Jets or Browns it will secure my guess. ;)

Edited by Beef Jerky

I would hope the Bills would move back. For me I think Mariota will be a bust and would not want the Bills to move up at all.

I have serious questions about Mariota as well as its easy to always throw to wide open receivers

Keep in mind that neither QB is considered a can't miss prospect. So you are making moves out of desperation with about a 50/50 chance of total failure. Aren't we already harping on the Wakins trade not being worth it? If the deal that got us Watkins still has detractors, how good does a QB have to be to make people happy? Keep in mind, just being on the Bills roster lowers a player's value by 25%

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If I were the Bills picking #6, I would sit tight based on their needs right now. In order to speculate on any package deal that would theoretically involve moving up for Mariota, you would first have to assume that they didn't go out and get Matt Cassel and that they didn't also go out and get Tyrod Taylor. Given those facts, I sit at #6. Heck, even if you assume that they didn't get those guys I would sit. Here's my logic and you can agree or disagree. First, you assume that both Winston and Mariota are gone before your pick. They're consensus top-3 picks in the draft and there's no reason that they shouldn't be gone. With all the speculation going on right now, someone could even trade up to get them. Leonard Williams (DT) is the #1 value on many boards and would fill needs for multiple teams picking 1-5. No question that he should be gone as well. Amari Cooper and Kevin White have been indicated to be the most NFL ready receivers in the draft. One or both of them should be picked before #6. That would leave the Bills with the choice of either Dante Fowler or Vic Beasley (OLBs) where the Bills lack depth. Easy to pick either of those guys IMO.

i would put it at better than 50/50

whaley is in win now mode to save his job. he already proved he would move up to get the player he likes.

this years #6, dareus and next years #1 is a steep price.....but the QB position is just too important not to try.

pick another position where we are "rich" rather than DT. Darius would give me pause, but, like you say, the position is so important.

This Marcus Ardel Taulauniu Mariota love is crazy to me. Not as crazy as the Winston love ... but crazy, still.

but, to get back on topic, do you believe that the Bills would try to get from 6 to one or as has been reported two if it was their pick?