Browns offer Tennessee 2 1sts for #2 pick

@SportsCenter: Browns offer two 1st-round picks to Titans for No. 2 overall selection, where they would plan to take Marcus Mariota. (via @PatMcManamon)

@ClaytonESPN: The Titans said yesterday they had only 16 first-round grades. That means at No. 19 or No. 20, they would be taking a second-rounder.

@ClaytonESPN: Two first round picks from the Browns to the Titans is clearly not enough to spark a trade for Mariota. Browns would need another No. 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to need to up that offer

@ChrisTrapasso: Re: #Browns reported offer of No. 12 & 19 to #Titans for No. 2. Per draft value trade chart: No.12 & 19 = 2,075 points. No. 2 = 2,600 points

Another #1 would get it done...next year's #2 probably doesn't.

Typically, next year's #1 is equivalent to this year's #2, so that may not even be enough.

If the price was 2 1st (including #19) then the 2nd pick would belong to Philly.

It's going to be #12, #19 & the '1st in '16, perhaps with conditions on it (ie not top 5).

I do not believe that condition actually happens in the nfl like it does in other sports.

@ClaytonESPN: Two first round picks from the Browns to the Titans is clearly not enough to spark a trade for Mariota. Browns would need another No. 1

I think another #1 would be pretty steep, but I could see the Browns adding a 2 or 3 next year. I get the draft value chart, but the player in question is not considered a home-run. The Titans are not going to get what the Rams got for RG3, but I'm guessing they'd really like to trade the pick.