Bills trip to SB goes THROUGH NE,

JP-era

I dont really know how or why the attitude of many fans here has changed over the past years to accept just a wildcard berth.

This is NOT the path to the SB for us!

We absolutely MUST find a way to beat NE. Beating NE twice gives us 2 division wins, 2 AFC wins, and assuming the rest of the teams are beatable, we probably win the division.

That means we have a bye and may play some games at home. Playing at home in the playoffs, for us, is huge.

Did evryone forget how terrible our road record is? Ifd you limp into the playoffs because you built your team to simply get a wildcard spot and NOT to beat NE, we are always playing ALL the games on the road. Good frikkin luck beating a statistically better team on their home turf.

Now, I dont claim for a moment that building a team that can beat NE is easy. Obviously thats NOT true. But, it is do-able. There are some things that we know will NOT work.

1) Drew cant beat em. If you like Drew you DONT like Bills going to the playoffs as a division winner and guess what, chances are good that we will end up playing NE in the playoffs. Drew cant beat em, he plays horrible against them. To me, its CRYSTAL clear that Drew at the helm=no SB for this reason.

2) We must establish a pass rush. Simply getting pressure does not rattle Tom Brady. We have to get into his face. Thats when he makes mistakes. I dont believe our current pass rushers are good enough to beat Tom, and if you cant beat TOm, you cant beat NE.

3) Gametime adjustments. We have to be able to see what Belichump is running and counter it.

NE is on the way down. Both his coordinators have left, NE is trying to low-ball some key FA's, should not suprise anyone, thats there mantra. Tom is set to e re-signed but for some ridiculous reason Tom and his agent wont ask to be paid like a top 5 QB.

Anyways, we have to beat NE. We cannot try to get to the SB any other way. We need to assess what it will take to beat NE and then make the changes necessary.

I agree we need a stronger pass rush, but i'd hesitate to say the Pats are on their way down. Pretty sure their last game was a Super Bowl victory.. :doh:

Drew must go -at least to the bench. The Pats have always been a thorn in our side, even in our SB heyday. The Jets are underrated, very tough and SHOULD have played the Pats in the conference championship. Miami is an enigma as their D and OL have been among the leagues best for years. All our division must be accounted for and, IMO, beating them all is tougher than the rest of the conference- Pittsburgh included. Yes, we have great talent, but in this era, any team can come from nowhere every year to win it all. Teams don't have to be as great as our early '90's team to win the bowl today. I'm excited about the JP era but tempered with the realization that he's basically a rook and the team will have to overcome his learning process. If there's one copycat methodology to take from NE, it's that we probably do have everything we need for every possible circumstance if the coaching staff sees that their specialty players CAN do other things on either side of the ball, if called on. Peters could be a stud on pass rushing downs, etc..

MM will be smarter in his second year, TD will get him what he needs and if we look deeper into our players real capabilities- we can get by our division.

As for NE, there's only one way they can go -down. They can't stay the best every year.... can they?