Teams trying to trade for Mo Wilkerson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, the Jets have too...but they pay $13 million TOTAL for Williams, Harrison, Richardson and Wilkerson.

Meanwhile, the Bills are paying Mario Williams $16 million ALONE.

Glenn is a LT...they get more money than CB's. (Or at least they used to, and still should.)

Yeah, I'm not worried about his contract. He's a nice player, but I'd be very, very surprised if he gets a huge deal from the team. Gilmore will get big-time term and guaranteed money.

Personally, I'd like to see him stay in the AFCE. I want the best players in the league in the Bills division so that I can watch them twice a year. Plus, you don't improve by reducing the quality of hyour competition. I want to see Buffalo play the best.

Dont understand this logic.

Im sure Pats fans were really bummed crushing JP losman on their way to 16-0 regular season

!@#$ that

#KyleWilliams!

Yeah, I'm not worried about his contract. He's a nice player, but I'd be very, very surprised if he gets a huge deal from the team. Gilmore will get big-time term and guaranteed money.

Why Gilmore over Glenn ?

You do recall his injuries that have affected his playing time?

I say get them all rolled up asap.

I would love for Wilkerson to leave the division.

excepting..

I would love even more if Bills traded off Bryant and Wynn and Bryce Brown Gragg for M W

Dont understand this logic.

Im sure Pats fans were really bummed crushing JP losman on their way to 16-0 regular season

If there is a difference between beating the Carolina Panthers, or the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl, then you have your answer. It would be fantastic to simply win the Super Bowl. God damn amazing. It would be a sweeter victory against a decent team.

Flip that to a division. If the NFL suspended Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill, and allowed Geno Smith to play for the Jets :lol: , would it be more or less satisfying to win the division? Sure it would be satisfying either way, but beating a perfectly capable tom brady, shutting the Dolphins up about Tannehill, and picking Geno Smith off another 27 times is simply sweeter.

That said though, that reasoning should never be a used as a "yeah but" to take significance away from a victory, especially by other fans. Those players aren't playing by no fault of ours.

Some people see it this way, some people don't. Whatever floats their boat.

If there is a difference between beating the Carolina Panthers, or the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl, then you have your answer. It would be fantastic to simply win the Super Bowl. God damn amazing. It would be a sweeter victory against a decent team.

Flip that to a division. If the NFL suspended Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill, and allowed Geno Smith to play for the Jets :lol: , would it be more or less satisfying to win the division? Sure it would be satisfying either way, but beating a perfectly capable tom brady, shutting the Dolphins up about Tannehill, and picking Geno Smith off another 27 times is simply sweeter.

That said though, that reasoning should never be a used as a "yeah but" to take significance away from a victory, especially by other fans. Those players aren't playing by no fault of ours.

It still doesn't make any sense though because the odds of beating the Pats with or without Brady aren't the same. You are either cheering for an easier win or a more difficult game. Again, I've never seen anyone here celebrating when it comes out that the Bills have the toughest schedule in the NFL. One would think that would we would relish the opportunity to play in so many games that are potentially more satisfying wins?

Can we please scrap this insecure flawed philosophy? It is probably the dumbest thing that has appeared on this board in years and it is everywhere. Somewhere along the way we acquired the mentality that a win against someone other than Brady isn't good enough. It is as if we need to justify our wins to everyone because we are so incredibly insecure. If you beat Geno it is the exact same as beating Brady. The easier the road to the playoffs, the better.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's more rooted in morality rather than logic.

Frankly, I don't care about players on other squads as long as we beat them.

It's not rooted in morality (unless it's the forces of good vs evil or something- like when the Pats** are playing). It's about wanting to beat the best.

Is there a difference in winning hit AFC in the 90s or the NFC? Which conference was stronger and which team won the Super Bowls? If you have the best teams in your division and you learn to beat them, then you can beat anybody. If you beat up on losers, then when the real thing comes around you get smoked.

Edited by vincec

It will be interesting to see what happens with wilkerson. Right now, the value he and his agent see for himself is higher than the value the Jets have on him. They don't see that changing so they want to get something for him, naturally. That said, they need to match somewhere that would place that high value on him (big need at DT, available cap space) willing to sign him to the deal he wants. I think he will be playing elsewhere this year. There was a rumor the lions were trying to deal for him but not sure if it will happen. If he doesn't get moved, I wonder if it will affect his play as the relationship doesn't sound good between him and the new regime in NJ.

Edited by YoloinOhio