Voluntary veteran mini-camp

My thoughts from today's post-practice QB comments:

-- Cassel is who we thought he is; the savvy veteran. Has been there, done that. Played/practiced with Brady. He should look decisive and sound.

-- EJ and Tyrod didn't soil themselves.

-- Tuel's days are numbered.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts from today's post-practice QB comments:

-- Cassel is who we thought he is; the savvy veteran. Has been there, done that. Played/practiced with Brady. He should look decisive and sound.

-- EJ and Tyrod didn't soil themselves.

-- Tuel's days are numbered.

Exactly. I'm beating a dead horse but it seems pretty obvious what they are doing. It's possible they will draft a QB in the 6th or 7th they think has a chance to develop and replace Tuel as the #4 arm in camp and QB on PS, but not any round where the player will be cut and has a chance to be claimed. Rex loves Tyrod and wants to give him a chance. The team wants to give EJ a chance. Everyone wants the veteran backup or day one starter in case EJ or Tyrod don't impress enough, which is the most likely scenario. And you don't know for sure about EJ or Tyrod until they play in regular season games.

They aren't releasing any of the three IMO before the season starts unless EJ or Taylor totally stink the joint up, which probably isn't going to happen.

Disappointed Tuel is not progressing to at least be a 3rd string by now.

He doesn't really belong in the league. He suffered from the dreaded RMD, which of course, stands for Reverse Marrone's Disease.

RMD, by definition, means you have been proven to be terrible by the eye as well as the stat test, and yet are put in Marrone's God House.

He doesn't really belong in the league. He suffered from the dreaded RMD, which of course, stands for Reverse Marrone's Disease.

RMD, by definition, means you have been proven to be terrible by the eye as well as the stat test, and yet are put in Marrone's God House.

Did anyone else contract this dreaded disease?

I'm going to read between the lines and say Cassel is already separating himself as the starter, EJ not coming in and blowing everyone away is not a good sign, they are intrigued by Tyrod which makes EJ expendable, and Tuel is as good as gone. I bet they draft a guy in the 5th and cut Tuel the next day. Sounds like Cassel #1 and Tyrod #2 and rookie #3. I know it's only day 1 but that's how it looks so far

it has crossed my mind more than once. It's not something I would be thrilled to see, but I have a suspicion he could be dealt.

I would really love to see EJ take control in camp, or at the very least get to camp. But if they really love Petty or whatever, I guess he won't get the chance. If someone pans out for us, I really don't care what happens.

Good QB's are where and when you find them. If the team thinks Petty is the guy for the future, even if it takes a couple of years....go for it. He had a great TD to INT ratio at Baylor, and we could sure use some of that. So, I am behind selecting Petty if they think he can make a #1.

Edited by bigK14094

I'm going to read between the lines and say Cassel is already separating himself as the starter, EJ not coming in and blowing everyone away is not a good sign, they are intrigued by Tyrod which makes EJ expendable, and Tuel is as good as gone. I bet they draft a guy in the 5th and cut Tuel the next day. Sounds like Cassel #1 and Tyrod #2 and rookie #3. I know it's only day 1 but that's how it looks so far

After day one of vol. mini-camp you came to all those conclusions? Damn you should have been a NFL Head Coach.

And as we all know, god spelled backwards (i.e., in reverse) is dog. One of the clearest cases of RMD ever diagnosed.

Eric Wood: "Trying to Work Everyday to Get Better" (4:33)

The Bills center talks about adjusting to the quarterback rotation, what they're working on during the voluntary minicamp, and seeing all the new players on the field.

Rex Ryan Full Tuesday Press Conference (22:11)

The Bills head coach talks about day one of the voluntary minicamp, what stands out, the quarterback competition, and how the last two weeks of work off the field have helped.

EJ Manuel: "I Know This is a Huge Year for Myself" (5:19)

The Bills quarterback talks about getting on the field for the first day of voluntary minicamp, the quarterback competition, and being excited for a fresh start in a new offense.

Nigel Bradham: "We All Know Each Other" (3:20)

LB Nigel Bradham recaps the first day of veteran voluntary minicamp and talks about the familiarity the defensive players have with one another.

Robert Woods: "Everybody Was Able To Play Fast" (3:18)

WR Robert Woods talks about the first day of veteran voluntary minicamp.